Will this be the year the Pirates top .500?

Frobby

Liriano comes up big against the Cardinals again.

This time, a complete game.

FRANCISCO LIRIANO O (vs. CARDINALS, 8/14)

IP:. 9 O(COMPLETE GAME)

H:o 4

R:O 1

BB: 1

SO: 6

Pitches: 94 (64 Strikes, 30 Balls)

2013 ERA: 2.68

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Former Yankee and Red Sox Mark Melancon has an E.R.A. of 0.91, a W.H.I.P. of 0.826, and 9 saves in 59.33 innings pitched this season.

He has also walked only 8 batters in those 59.33 innings, for an average of a walk every 7.42 innings pitched.

A win over the Cardinals tonight puts the Pirates 1/2 game behind them for the best record in the majors.

Liriano comes up big against the Cardinals again.

This time, a complete game.

Liriano has owned the Cardinals this season.

That's 3 straight gems in a one month period !!!

FRANCISCO LIRIANO O (vs. CARDINALS, 8/30)

IP:. 8

H:o 2

R:O 0

BB: 2

SO: 6

Pitches: 95 (57 Strikes, 38 Balls)

2013 ERA: 2.57

No fan, except maybe Boston or New York, should have to go through what that fan base did. Putting the Steelers equation aside, they're still a fan just like me. 13 seasons was hard enough on all of us as fans. Imagine it lasting almost a decade longer. They're an old franchise playing in one of the best ballparks in the country (which I will see one day). They deserve this, just like we deserved last season, and will hopefully this year and several more to come.

It's really interesting how Baltimore, of all cities, is so accepting of Pittsburgh's triumph and sympathetic to their precedent trial.

The only 2 World Series victories for the Pirates in the last 50 years has come AT THE EXPENSE of the Orioles, and their football teams hate each other. It's kinda weird that many in Baltimore feel glad that the baseball team is enjoying so much success....

It's really interesting how Baltimore, of all cities, is so accepting of Pittsburgh's triumph and sympathetic to their precedent trial.

The only 2 World Series victories for the Pirates in the last 50 years has come AT THE EXPENSE of the Orioles, and their football teams hate each other. It's kinda weird that many in Baltimore feel glad that the baseball team is enjoying so much success....

I think the last active '79 Pirate was John Candelaria, who retired 20 years ago. Willie Stargell is 73. I'm ok with saying it's time to let it go.

It's official.

The Pirates won their 82nd game of the year tonight by a score of 1-0. They will have their first winning season since 1992.

Mark Melancon notched his 12th save of the year to go along with his 0.85 E.R.A., and his 0.853 W.H.I.P.

O

Pirates Secure First Winning Season since 1992 with 1-0 Win Over Rangers

(By Michael Sanserino)

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/pirates/pirates-secure-first-winning-season-since-1992-with-1-0-win-over-rangers-702649/

Archived