What's up with JOBat taunting us?

jimbones

I agree with what you're saying logically, but I don't care in this situation. There are very few ways to prevent bullying in baseball and it very rarely gets to a point where I think it is warranted, but this is a situation that clearly calls for something IMHO.

Don Drysdale, Randy Johnson, Nolan Ryan come to mind. Can you imagine this jerk doing that to Ryan? L

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Okay, I do understand now. The signing of Belle made me step away as a fan and not follow daily after living and dying with this team for my entire life so we feel differently about what should be respected.

I'm kind of at a loss about what to write next that won't be either insulting or patronizing so I'm going to just wish you luck in life.

Albert Belle once got hit by a pitch and refused to take first base because he wanted a chance to hit. Actually he did that twice. That's pretty respectable and edgy. The guy wanted to play for us instead of the Yankees or Red Sox. Was he mean and bitter? Of course, but aren't we all at some point?

If Bautista has a problem with the Orioles on some kind of personal, visceral level, then I have no respect for him. I didn't see the taunting in question but I'll take a look.

You have to be patient with these things. Wait for the perfect time....even if we have to wait until their next visit to Baltimore. Nothing that a "slipped" Pedro Strop fastball couldn't solve. What's with Toronto fans anyway? When did the large wagon form for those Canucks?

Right situation in the game, you nail him on the thigh. Guy has an elitist attitude with balls/strikes.

BTW, umpire was terrible today. Out of the first 4 pitches, 3 of them were strikes. Instead it was a 3-1 count. Just bad all around. And I know the Worst Umpire In Baseball (Angel Hernandez) wasn't behind home plate, but he needs to not be a major league ump any longer.

Game needs instant replay, and I think it needs assistance from electronics for balls and strikes. Ump can stay behind there, but when an ump does so poorly as he did today..it really says something about the state of the game.

Belle was and still is an AWFUL human being both inside and outside the game. Again, I'd read a bit about him and see if you feel the same way. Both men have guts, but lots of men have guts without being bad people and/or while still playing the game the right way. Mariano Rivera, Derek Jeter, Dustin Pedroia, etc... AJ looks to be like that. Chris Davis looks to be like that. My advice is to root for someone like that.

Nope. Nope. No. You and others who say that simply don't know what you are talking about. Don't believe what writers write. Just shut up about at and talk about what you do know about.

You have to be patient with these things. Wait for the perfect time....even if we have to wait until their next visit to Baltimore. Nothing that a "slipped" Pedro Strop fastball couldn't solve. What's with Toronto fans anyway? When did the large wagon form for those Canucks?

I hear what you're saying, but I think you have to get him now........2 reasons......

1) There will be no misunderstanding about what happened. I want him to know without a shadow of a doubt it was intentional. Nothing slipped.

2) I don't want to risk him being on the DL later in the year.

I know some will point out that our pitcher might get tossed if we do it tomorrow, but so what? It's pretty obvious we're going to have to beat the Jays and the umps anyway. Our bullpen is rested enough. And like I said, I don't think this umpiring crew is going to do anything well in this series.

Pedro would have to aim for the center of the plate to hit him.

So after we hit roid head tomorrow, they're probably going to retaliate and hit Jones. Nobody in their right mind would hit Davis. And I really don't think I see Jones just jogging to first base. I hope he taps the md patch on his jersey before he punches Josh Johnson. haha

Archived