Roberts Trade News Thread

McLovin

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And let me add to that that managers aren't the end all be all evaluators of talent either. I mean Trembley and Perlozzo played Bako and Payton over House and Knott last year. They both had some kind of creepy infatuation with Brandon Fahey too.

Sometimes managers are very hesitant to bring up prospects because they are more comfortable with veteran guys. I think Pinella is this kind of manager.

That's not really true.

Just last season Piniella gave significant roles to young guys like Theriot, Marshall, Hill, and Marmol; Fontenot and Pie until they played their way out of their chance; and late in the year, Soto, Hart, and Gallagher. Meanwhile he curtailed the roles of guys like Marquis, Kendall, Trachsel, Monroe, and had traded away guys like Barrett and Izturis.

All in all, Piniella was very fair about giving young guys a chance in his first year here, and rewarding the guys that played well with even more opportunity.

There is no guarantee that Cedeno hits .240 next year either. Especially when he's had a 900+ OPS the last 2 years in AAA.

I know his limited time in the MLB isn't impressive but give him the starting job and he should even himself out.

His "limited time" in MLB (700 PA) is actually greater than his time at AAA (600 PA). Maybe we should call that "really limited time at AAA."

And since when did AAA stats become more reliable than MLB stats in predicting MLB performance?

His "limited time" in MLB (700 PA) is actually greater than his time at AAA (600 PA). Maybe we should call that "really limited time at AAA."

And since when did AAA stats become more reliable than MLB stats in predicting MLB performance?

I didn't notice that.

However, I still think that giving him a full season would help his productivity.

Orioles fans always have a tendency to overrate what we have. Roberts is NOT a superstar player, DID admit to using banned substances and if this deal goes through, AM did the best he could to get more young players for the team to rebuild with.

And just like that a bit of innuendo starts getting repeated as reality. I haven't read anything that discusses Cedeno's workout routine. Nothing. You're better than this. Please don't become one of these types.

You're right. That much is rumor from some of our new Cubs fan friends, not proven. I could have made my point about the unlikelihood he'll improve as much as Roberts did without throwing that out there. :o

Archived