My Honest Opinion Is That This Team Is In Trouble

WNY Orioles Fan

Well we need a # 1 pitcher, a 2B that can hit, and a DH that's not a liability.

We've added a #5/ mop up pitcher that averages 6 innings. IMO he just adds the the Os problems. We've also added some trash heap minor leaguer 2B for AAA.

My opinion is Angelos won't commit the money to add Lee or extend Garza. So DD will have to catch lighting in a bottle for the Orioles to make it.

I'll agree with this, but even take it one notch lower. The simple (or not so simple) addition of an Ace pitcher and a solid bat behind Davis will make this team better. Whether that bat comes at 2B or DH...I dont care, but Weiters and Hardy dont really scare anyone in the 5 or 6 hole.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still not sure about the pitching. The Orloles over the last nine games have played the Yankees and the White Sox. The Yankee offense is mostly aged players and rookies. The White Sox are not good either. One of the worst hitting teams in the majors. They have also won only two games in the last twelve both against the Orioles.I want to see the pitching this week against two good hitting teams.

The sky is falling...

I really don't get statements like this.

Well we need a # 1 pitcher, a 2B that can hit, and a DH that's not a liability.

We've added a #5/ mop up pitcher that averages 6 innings. IMO he just adds the the Os problems. We've also added some trash heap minor leaguer 2B for AAA.

My opinion is Angelos won't commit the money to add Lee or extend Garza. So DD will have to catch lighting in a bottle for the Orioles to make it.

Pretty fair assessment of the teams chances without exaggerating.

Heck, with the offensive production we've had I'd take an ace and roll the dice, but does anyone think that's happening?

We need a pitcher that can go out there and just shut a team down.

We have enough pitchers that can give us 5 "quality" innings but will be at 90+ pitches.... so yeah what this team only needs is a..

Cliff Lee

From your mouth to Pete's....MASN account?

How much exactly would you be willing to give up to get Lee? You have any idea what they are going to ask for in return? Robbing paul to pay peter doesn't work in baseball.

Isn't that Peter to pay Paul? Anyway, how many chances at a WS title do you think come along? Don't answer, it's rhetorical. Yes, I would pay. Cliff Lee likely puts us over the top as the favorite to win everything right now. And that's without adding a 2B or DH.

A friend of mine is convinced that the O's are going to deal Manny.

I really hope not, but he swears that they will because Petey Angelos won't pony up the bucks to keep him here.

Manny is not going anywhere. At least for the foreseeable future.

Isn't that Peter to pay Paul? Anyway, how many chances at a WS title do you think come along? Don't answer, it's rhetorical. Yes, I would pay. Cliff Lee likely puts us over the top as the favorite to win everything right now. And that's without adding a 2B or DH.

So who you giving up? Davis? Manny? Our top 5 prospects? 3 Prospects and Hardy? Cause that's the likely cost.

So who you giving up? Davis? Manny? Our top 5 prospects? 3 Prospects and Hardy? Cause that's the likely cost.

What do they want with Hardy? I would give up Gausman, however, and throw in a couple more pieces. Gausman is a nice piece but his slider needs a lot of work.

We have a shot now. I take it, because it doesn't come around that often and there is no guarantee Gausman develops into an ace.

It's all speculative because with our owner it isn't happening.

The board has been almost unreadable lately. When one swing or one pitch can change the complexion of a game, and the outcome of the game determines the three or four threads made in the game's wake, you end up with Jim Johnson fastballs causing threads on Brian Roberts.

Orioles win:

Has *player who went 1-4 with a homer* turned a corner?

Orioles lose:

DOES THE ENTIRE ORIOLE TEAM HAVE SWINE EBOLAFLU CANCERITIS???

LOL.

I haven't read the 4th and 5th pages of this thread, and am not sure I intend to--as this post might as well have ended the thread, it sums things up so well--but just want to say you are a funny guy, Barnaby.

A friend of mine is convinced that the O's are going to deal Manny.

I really hope not, but he swears that they will because Petey Angelos won't pony up the bucks to keep him here.

There is no way they do this for a few years yet. If anything, PA being reluctant to pay the big bucks for players means it would make perfect sense to KEEP Manny for now.

Archived