GAME THREAD: 2013 All-Star Classic

OFFNY

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hell no. Trevor Hoffman didn't get this treatment.

Answer me this. If Rivera has the same career but NOT in a Yankees uniform...say the uniform of the San Diego Padres....does he get this much attention and adoration?

Dude has 37 more saves than 2nd place Hoffman, 160 more than 3rd place (Lee Smith), and 214 ahead of 4th (John Franco). He got a ton of mileage out of one pitch.

I love the MLB ASG. Totally professional and classy for all players to let Mo come in by himself. You don't see this in any other sport.

It is by far the most entertaining all star game from all major sports. Absolutely love it this year, but I won't lie... Having 5 O's sure helps.

I do realize I'm arguing the same point as calmunderfire. Perhaps I should re-think my stance on the whole Rivera thing.

Haha I know I may have given you a hard time but you at least back everything up :)

It is by far the most entertaining all star game from all major sports. Absolutely love it this year, but I won't lie... Having 5 O's sure helps.

C'mon, we all know the Pro Bowl is by far the most interesting all star game. Not even close!

:D

Dude has 37 more saves than 2nd place Hoffman, 160 more than 3rd place (Lee Smith), and 214 ahead of 4th (John Franco). He got a ton of mileage out of one pitch.

I do believe Rivera isn't even the leader in save percentage.

Look, I'm not saying the guy isn't that good or anything. I get it, he's a great reliever. I just think the outpouring of emotion towards him is just a bit ridiculous and over the top.

Good Lord, another ESPN text telling me that Rivera retired all three batters he faced during his last ASG appearance.

Archived