GAME THREAD: 2013 All-Star Classic

OFFNY

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Haha I know I may have given you a hard time but you at least back everything up :)

Thanks.

I didn't mean to bring Hoffman into the conversation with the San Diego Padres reference, I was just trying to pick a west coast team that no one really cares about. I do think the Yankees mystique has to do with a large portion of this obsession.

I do believe Rivera isn't even the leader in save percentage.

Look, I'm not saying the guy isn't that good or anything. I get it, he's a great reliever. I just think the outpouring of emotion towards him is just a bit ridiculous and over the top.

Good Lord, another ESPN text telling me that Rivera retired all three batters he faced during his last ASG appearance.

Career save % 89%. I'm sure there are players with higher.

Thanks.

I didn't mean to bring Hoffman into the conversation with the San Diego Padres reference, I was just trying to pick a west coast team that no one really cares about. I do think the Yankees mystique has to do with a large portion of this obsession.

It's the 5 rings, not the team.

Maybe you should stop getting texts from YESPN.

Well I also get them for scoring plays for the Orioles and Red...Washington Football team. So they're cool when I'm out and not near a TV. I should probably turn the important sports news texts off, though. Rivera could put his tshirt on backwards tomorrow and it'd be news.

It's the 5 rings, not the team.

Come on, you mean to tell me the media would have a love affair with the Padres as much as the Yankees? The Padres can't match the Yankees for fanbase size or history. If the Padres won 5 world series over the past 15 years the media would begrudgingly go along with it. Not much sells like NYC sports.

Not unless Nathan blows it here

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

My hope is that we go into extras and to the 15th and we are forced to bring in players that we have already played and have Davis pitch and win :)

Archived