Heyman: Source says O's are "tapped out".

wildcard

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Where did you see 500k? His contract is around 2M for the year and he about half way through that contract.

The Orioles are only picking up his prorated salary, which is about 500k remaining.

EDIT: It's actually closer to 750k.

Still hardly adding a ton of salary.

The Orioles are only picking up his prorated salary, which is about 500k remaining.

Nick Delmonico was paid 1.6 million. He was probably worth that. He was sold in the deal. I did say money and assets. In business, you have to look at both as a cost.

Nick Delmonico was paid 1.6 million. He was probably worth that. He was sold in the deal. I did say money and assets. In business, you have to look at both as a cost.

I don't think that's how Heyman or his source were looking at it.

I don't think that's how Heyman or his source were looking at it.

I am sure they were not. But just because an investment was made 24 months ago, it is still a corporate asset. And now it was spent on a rental.

I am sure they were not. But just because an investment was made 24 mouths ago, it is still a corporate asset. And now it was spent on a rental.

I'm not arguing with that at all. I understand completely. I just don't see how it "proves Jon wrong". I think he and the person he quoted were speculating on major league payroll additions. Adding Francisco Rodriguez does not refute their stance.

I'm not arguing with that at all. I understand completely. I just don't see how it "proves Jon wrong". I think he and the person he quoted were speculating on major league payroll additions. Adding Francisco Rodriguez does not refute their stance.

Ok. I do see that you are specifically meaning payroll obligations.

And I do think that any major financial addition to the payroll will be offset in some manner. Peter is not likely taking on a 20 million dollar underperforming contract to help with the stretch run. So on that, I agree with his source.

I think its closer to 1m. He signed a 2M if called to the majors and he was not called up until May 17th. If the money is spread over the rest the of season, that is close to 1m left.

I think its closer to 1m. He signed a 2M if called to the majors and he was not called up until May 17th. If the money is spread over the rest the of season, that is close to 1m left.

Perhaps, I'm not sure how they prorate contracts like that. Regardless, it's not significant enough to refute that the O's are not adding much from where they are now. That was the point.

I think the KRod deal is flimsy evidence that PA is ready, willing and able to tap into the perceived war chest.

Check my posting history and you'll see that I've never beaten the "MASN Money" drum, but this deal proves nothing to either side of that debate.

Archived