vs. Red Sox 7-28

scOtt

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gotta love the Hangout. Just last week, a thread was started suggesting that we are the best team in the AL. Now this. Ah, the highs and lows of a baseball season.

And that thread was ridiculous. We were behind both the Sox and the Rays at the time.

You're right, you get both sides of the spectrum here.

I agree for the most part, but this team has a lot of warning signs. Although I was certainly not one of the ones suggesting this team was one of the best in baseball, this team has over performed a bit while riding Davis' and Machado's insane starts. Now that they've come back down, this team looks a lot more like the 85-win team I thought they were coming into this season. Can't beat KC, getting schooled by Boston and meanwhile the Rays have decided they are not going to lose the rest of the year.

There are concerns. Especially since DD seems to be at a hard $$$ limit. :(

You can see the concern on Buck's face. He knows his team is in trouble!

I think everyone knows this team is in trouble. Woogie wasn't able to keep the Red Sox down and they have to run out Arrieta part deaux every five days.. Davis has struck out in one out of every three PAs since June 1st. He's getting behind in every AB because he won't take pitches that are clearly out of the strike zone. Machado has a sub .700 OPS since June 1st. Markakis has .600 OPS against lefties and he's our leadoff hitter? I'm not a chicken little, but for the first time this season I'm concerned. Too many factors are making it look bleak for the O's and more than just a bad week of baseball.

I think everyone knows this team is in trouble. Woogie wasn't able to keep the Red Sox down and they have to run out Arrieta part deaux every five days.. Davis has struck out in one out of every three PAs since June 1st. He's getting behind in every AB because he won't take pitches that are clearly out of the strike zone. Machado has a sub .700 OPS since June 1st. Markakis has .600 OPS against lefties and he's our leadoff hitter? I'm not a chicken little, but for the first time this season I'm concerned. Too many factors are making it look bleak for the O's and more than just a bad week of baseball.

Completely agree.

Archived