Mark Reynolds DFA (UPDATE:Yankees signed him)

TonySoprano

Reynolds - Pickup as Bargain Sale or Pass?  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Reynolds - Pickup as Bargain Sale or Pass?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who gets sent down to make room for Reynolds who only serves as a DH and rarely (>2 times) a spot start at first? Maybe it is just me, but I hope that Betemit comes back and we skip the strikeout king.

Get rid of Casilla. You have less than 20 days until rosters expand. Call up Dickerson and/or Avery for PR purposes.

I would prefer to sign Mark to a MiLB contract and call him up on September 1st.

Reynolds defense at 3b and crazy strikeouts frustrate us all, but there is a good chance this provides a spark in the clubhouse. Just a hunch.

As someone else said, he's not going to be asked to play there or just about anywhere on the field (unless Davis has a freak injury) and sometimes a K is okay. It builds up the pitch count and avoids a DP.

I want Reynolds back. He could easily turn it around and carry this team into 1st place. As bad as he was the first 2/3rds of last season, he hit 15 homers and had an .884 OPS the last 52 games of the season. He'd also provide a big boost to the clubhouse IMO. He seemed like he was loved by everyone.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Per <a href="https://twitter.com/hoynsie">@hoynsie</a>: Indians have placed Mark Reynolds on release waivers for purpose of giving him his unconditional release.</p>? Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="
">August 12, 2013</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Here we go, prepare for landing ...

Thats exactly what the O's were waiting for. Why pay $1.75MM when you can get him for $150K.

They don't use Pearce now, plus Reynolds is an upgrade to Pearce. If he gets hot, you catch lightning in a bottle.

Evidently, he is not any longer. I don't see it. But, if you can sign him to a minor league contract and have him work with Crowley for two weeks, I would do it. Pay him MLB money. Just keep him off the 25 man roster right now.

Evidently, he is not any longer. I don't see it. But, if you can sign him to a minor league contract and have him work with Crowley for two weeks, I would do it. Pay him MLB money. Just keep him off the 25 man roster right now.

Anyone longing for Reynolds is puffing on the ex-Oriole love affair pipe. The guy is a no contact guy thats power seems to be diminishing that plays 1B and we have a 1B.

Archived