MacPhail On XM

33rdst

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The replay of this show will be on from 9-12...so I guess this interview will be on at 11:40.

If I can remember, I'll run out to the car then and catch it.

Thanks, I'll listen at lunch as well. My work will let every other station (ESPN, 1300, wnst, EITM, etc...) through online, but blocks XM when you hit the "Listen Live" button. :mad:

Thanks, I'll listen at lunch as well. My work will let every other station (ESPN, 1300, wnst, EITM, etc...) through online, but blocks XM when you hit the "Listen Live" button. :mad:

FWIW, XM 175 is not streamed. They only stream the pure music channels.

Couple of notes from the interview:

1. He said that he would love to get a deal done on Roberts and Bedard, but that he's only 1/2 the equation (meaning the Mariners/Reds/Cubs have to agree as well)

2. He has only made one trade recommendation to Angelos - that being the Tejada trade. When one comes along, Angelos, being the owner, will always have the right to veto it, but AM doesn't expect that to happen.

3. Good pitching always beats good hitting - for all the problems we had last year, the O's were 19-9 when Bedard took the mound.

4. Right now, Luis Hernandez is the favorite for starting SS, but they would definitely like to see some competition, specifically from Fahey.

Let speculate on what the 720 hours actually means. Is the glass half full is it half empty or did PA break the glass 10 years ago and the FO keeps pouring the cool aid onto the counter where it used to be?

FYI, the 720 hours was a number I pulled out of my wazoo for the number of days to get to pitchers and catchers reporting.

Gotta have fun in all of this. I refuse to get sucked into an emotional roller coaster on the daily highs/lows that this board seems to churn out on trade rumors.

Couple of notes from the interview:

1. He said that he would love to get a deal done on Roberts and Bedard, but that he's only 1/2 the equation (meaning the Mariners/Reds/Cubs have to agree as well)

2. He has only made one trade recommendation to Angelos - that being the Tejada trade. When one comes along, Angelos, being the owner, will always have the right to veto it, but AM doesn't expect that to happen.

3. Good pitching always beats good hitting - for all the problems we had last year, the O's were 19-9 when Bedard took the mound.

4. Right now, Luis Hernandez is the favorite for starting SS, but they would definitely like to see some competition, specifically from Fahey.

TY Matchoo for the summary.

That's just awesome. :rolleyes:

Lord, I think I just threw up in my mouth a little...Fahey doesn't belong on one single team's starting lineup...not a single one...rebuilding or otherwise! If this is what we are going into opening day with, "hold of for the ride" cause we are going to fall real fast.

Regardless of how I feel, thanks for filling us in on what AM said!

Archived