3-7
1-9
4-6
2-8
3-7
0-1
=====

46-115

Speaking of consistency, the Orioles are 6-20 in September with one game left.  Dating back to last September, this is the 7th straight month with single digits in the win column.  A 9-16 mark in July is the high water mark.

It just doesn't matter anymore. Happy offseason to all O's fans. 

46 minutes ago, Barnaby Graves said:

One 10-game streak at .500, none above.  I wonder what's the best record the Orioles have had in any 10 straight games (not just these which are sequential blocks).

The longest win streak is four games, and that was only one time.  If you include that block of 10 games, the Orioles were 6-4 from 5/9-5/19.   Expanding on that, from 5/9-6/6, the Orioles were 11-14  The O's proceeded to go 4-18 right after that.

Winning streaks
2 games - 5
3 games - 2
4 games -1

Losing streaks
2 - 9
3 - 2*
4 - 2
5 - 3
6 - 3
7 - 3
8 - 1
9 - 1

*Currently, the Orioles have dropped 3 in a row not reflected above.  They have not won back-to-back games since winning 3 straight 8/27-29.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TonySoprano said:

The longest win streak is four games, and that was only one time.  If you include that block of 10 games, the Orioles were 6-4 from 5/9-5/19.   Expanding on that, from 5/9-6/6, the Orioles were 11-14  The O's proceeded to go 4-18 right after that.

Winning streaks
2 games - 5
3 games - 2
4 games -1

Losing streaks
2 - 9
3 - 2*
4 - 2
5 - 3
6 - 3
7 - 3
8 - 1
9 - 1

*Currently, the Orioles have dropped 3 in a row not reflected above.  They have not won back-to-back games since winning 3 straight 8/27-29.

Well at least the O's are consistent.  Consistently bad.  You think w/ random luck and a few guys getting hot the O's would have won 8 of 10 or even 7 of 10.  It's mindblowing they havent even won 10 games in a month in over a year.

13 hours ago, TonySoprano said:

4-6
2-8
2-8
4-6
4-6
3-7
1-9
3-7
2-8
3-7
5-5
3-7
1-9
4-6
2-8
3-7
0-1
=====

46-115

Ouch.

You now, 30 or 40 years ago fans would never see information like this. When I followed the Phillies and A's in the late 50s and early 60s, we just know that they stunk and how many games they had lost and were behind the league leaders. I guess that's progress.

Of course, then I had nothing to dull the pain of watching the losses. Now at least there's   :new_beer:   :new_beer:  :new_beer: 

• 6 months later...

The O’s went 5-5 in the first ten games of 2019.    As you can see above, they managed to win five in only one 10-game segment all of last year.    

(Note: I am referring to the segments I created, 1-10, 11-20, etc.   I’m not referring to any 10-game stretch no matter when it started.)

I’m pleased to be 5-5  considering we’ve played the Yankees 6 times and also played 6 road games.   Honestly, we could have won a couple of others but for some bullpen issues.   

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

The O’s went 5-5 in the first ten games of 2019.    As you can see above, they managed to win five in only one 10-game segment all of last year.    

(Note: I am referring to the segments I created, 1-10, 11-20, etc.   I’m not referring to any 10-game stretch no matter when it started.)

I’m pleased to be 5-5  considering we’ve played the Yankees 6 times and also played 6 road games.   Honestly, we could have won a couple of others but for some bullpen issues.   

I just heard on postgame show that this is the first game in 2019 the bullpen didn’t give up any runs. So yeah.  

Good start, I’ve got no complaints.

4 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

I'm wondering when the last time the O's had 3 triples in a game was?

I think they said 1993.    

Edit: on April 29, 1993, Cal, Devo and Harold Reynolds all tripled.   Pretty sure that was the last time. 

5 hours ago, Frobby said:

All things considered, 5-5 is the best we could have hoped for. By going with an 8 man pitching staff, and swapping Straily in for Arajuo, I think things will settle down. 

The interesting thing that I want to see is that our pitching staff gets out of surivival mode and these guys competing with each other for innings. Like Mr Bundy feeling some pressure from Means, Hess, and Straily. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...