The Orioles, 10 games at a time

Frobby

20 minutes ago, vab said:

41 games under .500 at the end of the season is unbelievable. I don't think there's a word for 41 games under .500 before the all star break.

That word is "Orioles"

I think I might start using Orioles as an adjective.  Like if I had a bad day, someone asks "Hey, how's it going?"  I'll just be like "Orioles, man."

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, Frobby said:

4-6

2-8

2-8

4-6

4-6

3-7

1-9

3-7

2-8

3-7

That is an incredible run of ineptitude.   You'd think that just once, for a week and a half a team could muster .500 baseball.   

To be fair they did win 5 of 6 from May 9 to May 13 (doubleheader with Ray's included) which allowed them to go 6-4 for 10 games. It was a glorious time. 

Just now, O-Arm36 said:

To be fair they did win 5 of 6 from May 9 to May 13 (doubleheader with Ray's included) which allowed them to go 6-4 for 10 games. It was a glorious time. 

Yes, I do remember the Glory Days.   They also went 4-4 on their last homestand, which for them is a wildly hot streak.    

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Frobby said:

While the current 10 game segment isn’t complete, the O’s are currently 5-3, meaning it will be the first reported segment all year where they weren’t under .500.    

o

Earlier in the thread, I noted that the Orioles have indeed have a sequence of going over .500 for a 10-game span. 

It was not at the precise increments of Games 1 through 10, Games 11 through 20, Games 21 through 30, etc, but they did go 6-4 over a 10 game span (7-5 in a 12-game span) earlier this season.

On 5/24/2018 at 11:27 PM, OFFNY said:

o

They did actually manage to go 6-3 over a 9-game span, 6-4 over a 10-game span, and 7-5 over an 12-game span, although not precisely at the 10-game increments that start on Opening Day.

W ) vs. ROYALS ) (5-3)

W ) vs. ROYALS ) (11-6)

W ) vs. D-RAYS ) (9-4)

W ) vs. D-RAYS ) (6-3)

L ) vs. D-RAYS ) (10-3)

W ) vs. D-RAYS ) (17-1)

L ) vs. PHILLIES ) (4-1)

L ) vs. RED SOX ) (6-2)

W ) vs. RED SOX ) (7-4)

L ) vs. RED SOXS ) (6-3)

L ) vs. RED SOXS ) (5-0)

W ) vs. WHITE SOX ) (3-2)

https://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/BAL/2018-schedule-scores.shtml

o

Just now, OFFNY said:

o

Earlier in the thread, I noted that the Orioles have indeed have a sequence of going over .500 for a 10-game span. 

It was not at the precise increments of Games 1 through 10, Games 11 through 20, Games 21 through 30, etc, but they did go 6-4 over a 10 game span (7-4 in an 11-game span) earlier this season.

Yes, I know.   That’s why I used the words “reported segment.”    The place where I delineate the segments is in a sense arbitrary, but on the other hand, it’s not cherry-picked to yield a favorable or unfavorable result.    

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Yes, I know. That’s why I used the words “reported segment.” The place where I delineate the segments is in a sense arbitrary, but on the other hand, it’s not cherry-picked to yield a favorable or unfavorable result.    

o

OK.

When you said "reported segment", I interpreted that as any report in the thread and/or any 10-game segment of the season.

o

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/3/2018 at 11:27 PM, OFFNY said:

o

(AUGUST 3rd)

4-6

2-8

2-8

4-6

4-6

3-7

1-9