The Orioles, 10 games at a time

Frobby

8-2

4-6

We definitely stumbled a bit after the hot start, and the offense has cooled considerably. The starting pitching stabilized a little and now we head home for the next 10-game stretch.

12-8 over every 20 game span is on pace to win the division! I'll take it. Consistency is overrated ;)

8-2

4-6

We definitely stumbled a bit after the hot start, and the offense has cooled considerably. The starting pitching stabilized a little and now we head home for the next 10-game stretch.

We were not as good as the 8-2 start would indicate and we are not as bad as the 4-6 record would indicate. The team will be in-between those highs and lows IMO.

12-8 over every 20 game span is on pace to win the division! I'll take it. Consistency is overrated ;)

Yes ...... provided that you are not in the same division as a team like the 2001 Mariners, which I don't think that we are.

That year, the Athletics won 102 games and still finished in a double-digit deficit behind the men from northwestern Washington, who won 116.

Off of the top of my head, 2 other examples of this type of happening were the 1993 Giants, who won 103 games but missed the playoffs because their division rivals (the Atlanta Braves) won 104.

Going back to the days of the 154-game schedule, the 1954 New York Yankees had a winning percentage of .630 (103-51), but did not make the postseason because the Cleveland Indians went 111-43 (.721.)

And that .721 winning percentage by those 1954 Indians is still an American League record. A team would have to go 117-45 in a 162-game schedule in order to surpass that. The 2001 Mariners missed it by 1 game.

• Upvote 1

Yes ...... provided that you are not in the same division as a team like the 2001 Mariners, which I don't think that we are.

That year, the Athletics won 102 games and still finished in a double-digit deficit behind the men from northwestern Washington, who won 116.

Off of the top of my head, 2 other examples of this type of happening were the 1993 Giants, who won 103 games but missed the playoffs because their division rivals (the Atlanta Braves) won 104.

Going back to the days of the 154-game schedule, the 1954 New York Yankees had a winning percentage of .630 (103-51), but did not make the postseason because the Cleveland Indians went 111-43 (.721.)

And that .721 winning percentage by those 1954 Indians is still an American League record. A team would have to go 117-45 in a 162-game schedule in order to surpass that. The 2001 Mariners missed it by 1 game.

Great info man!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to OFFNY again.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
Minny is a bad team.No hitting, no pitching and bad defense. They 0lay somewhat better at home.You want to keep going in the easier part of the schedule A's and Twins Gets a little tougher soon.

I think we should take 2/3 from Minny. Hoping the weather holds up, this week is supposed to be bad.

• 2 weeks later...

8-2

4-6

6-4

7-3

We've had a winning record in 3 of the 4 ten-game stretches, and just barely had a losing record in the other one. That's a pretty good formula for success.

Pretty solid homestand, splitting with the White Sox and winning the series with the

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...