The Orioles, 10 games at a time

Frobby

If they play .500 ball during this road trip, that's really a great result.

In fact, if they can play .500 ball against the AL West from here to the end I'll be quite happy.

Then beat up the division teams and we are gold.

If they play .500 ball during this road trip, that's really a great result.

In fact, if they can play .500 ball against the A.L. West from here to the end, I'll be quite happy.

Then beat up the division teams, and we are gold.

They played .600 ball on the West Coast trip. :cool:

Never underestimate this scrappy, talented bunch. They play one game at a time, one inning at a time, one plate appearances at a time.

While I am often nervous in the latter stages of all of the tight games that they play, and fret that they might not hang on for the W, I also NEVER have the feeling that they haven't a chance to win before the start of ANY of the games, regardless of who the opponent is, and/or who the opponents' starting pitcher is.

6-4 over their last 10 games.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/BAL/2014-schedule-scores.shtml

4-6

6-4

6-4

6-4

4-6

5-5

5-5

6-4

7-3

6-4

6-3 O (CURRENT BLOCK)

They blew a couple of golden opportunities to have gone 7-3 or 8-2 in the first game of the Athletics series, and the last game of the Angels series .......... but, in these 10-game increments, they continue to be uncannily steady.

The Orioles are 6-3 over their last 9 games.

Let's win tomorrow, and make it 7-3 ...... and, take the series from the Mariners.

Edited by OFFNY

• 2 weeks later...
Take 10 losses off there Frobby!!!

If we go .500 the rest of the way we will be fine, the question then is will we hold off the Central champ for home field.

Oh man, I hope not! I hope we don't lose 11 in a row. :)

69-51 after 120 games

Oops, late night brain fart! I fixed it.

Anyway, what strikes me is that the team has done a great job of avoiding protracted losing streaks. Hopefully tonight we can preserve our streak of not having lost two games in a row for 39 straight games. We did break a streak of winning 7 straight series openers (8 if you count the solo Washington game) last night.

Oops, late night brain fart! I fixed it.

Anyway, what strikes me is that the team has done a great job of avoiding protracted losing streaks. Hopefully tonight we can preserve our streak of not having lost two games in a row for 39 straight games. We did break a streak of winning 7 straight series openers (8 if you count the solo Washington game) last night.

People will say we have no aces, but when you run out five solid starters all the time you minimize the losing streaks.

• 2 weeks later...