24) Phillies (42-53)

25) Padres (41-54)

26) Cubs (40-54)

27) Rockies (40-55)

28) Diamondbacks (40-56)

29) Astros (40-56)

30) Rangers (38-57)

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/hitlist/

Orioles are 5th. BP takes the average of a team's actual winning percentage, their pythag, and two other derived expected W/L% to come up with their ranking. So it's fairly computer-ey.

So our next 16 games are ALL against 3 of the top 4 above us. We will either be on top of this list by the end of that stretch or down the list much further.

So our next 16 games are ALL against 3 of the top 4 above us. We will either be on top of this list by the end of that stretch or down the list much further.

Yeah, going 8-8 or 9-7 against that group of teams sounds like it would be a big win for us.

Not surprising, but it's going to come down to how well our pitchers keep us in games. Our offense is good enough to scratch out enough runs to win. Should be another grueling stretch.

Yeah, going 8-8 or 9-7 against that group of teams sounds like it would be a big win for us.

Right now the Os are in the division lead and in the playoffs. Going 8-8 against those teams would not be a "win" in my eyes.

I could live with it if it happened, but I wouldn't say " that was a good stretch".

They are fighting for the 1st seed. 9-7/10-6 is what they need to be aiming for.

I must say im surprised we are ahead of the Brewers and Giants on that updated rankings.

The Giants and Brewers have been awful the last month or so of the season. The Giants are just 10-22 in the last month. The Brewers are 2-11 in last 13.

http://www.si.com/mlb/2014/07/14/mlb-power-rankings-athletics-rangers-orioles-marlins

Biggest Riser: Orioles/Phillies

Philadelphia is to be commended for jumping four spots this week, but that hasn?t helped it climb out of the bottom-third of these rankings or out of last place in the NL East. The team to keep an eye on here, then, is Baltimore, which surged into the break by winning 10 of its last 13 games to open up a surprising four-game lead in the AL East. The Orioles will get an immediate test in the second half, traveling out West for a 10-game road trip that opens with a pair of three-game series against the A?s and Angels, respectively.

Side note, has anyone been to the sports illustrated website lately? It's like they combined the worst features of traditional websites, mobile sites and Windows 8 into one big mess. Ick.

http://www.si.com/mlb/2014/07/14/mlb-power-rankings-athletics-rangers-orioles-marlins

Side note, has anyone been to the sports illustrated website lately? It's like they combined the worst features of traditional websites, mobile sites and Windows 8 into one big mess. Ick.

The only time I actually read SI... is when its in print form.... at my doctors office.

Yikes! What a train wreck that is.

No doubt this west coast swing to start the 2nd half is important. I feel that this team is up to the challenge.

Archived