Who is your MVO? (Update: Cruz wins MVO)

Moose Milligan

Who is the MVO?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the MVO?

To me, Jones is the MVP. He plays an important defensive position, is one of the best hitters on the team, and never takes a day off. Cruz has been a bit more valuable on offense than Jones, IMO, but he doesn't provide the defensive value that Jones does.

My thoughts exactly. Jones is the backbone of this team and best all-around player.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jones

JJ

Britton

I feel like Jones is our best all around player, he is steady and durable. Gets the job done. I'm not sure if anyone else mentioned Hardy, but even with the few days he has missed with his back, i still feel like he has tremendous value to this team. There isn't a steadier ss in the league, and minus the home runs being down, he has had a great year at the plate. Britton is self explanatory

1. Jones (has both offensive and definsive mad skills this year. He's appears to have really matured) :thumbsup1:

2. Joseph (came up from the minors and he's filled some mighty big shoes and doing it quite well, IMO)

3. Cruz (I'm not just considering the HR's, but also the appearance of having a positive clubhouse attitude which has become quite contagious. Can't unstate the value of that).

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Cruz: "I wasn't expecting to be the most valuable player, just expecting to contribute to the team winning games." <a href="http://t.co/gCrcX8gTLs">pic.twitter.com/gCrcX8gTLs</a></p>— Orioles on MASN (@masnOrioles) <a href="

">September 21, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I went with Cruz because of reasons stated already, carrying the offense that was non-existent the first month and a half, as well as his positive attitude and energy.

2nd is a tie for me with Jones and Joseph. Jones for obvious reasons and I don't think Joseph gets enough recognition for coming in after losing Wieters, taking control of the pitching staff, and playing great defense. True his bat didn't start off well but he's been a bright spot in my eyes after Wieters went down.

Archived