Better utility guy

auzzy98

So if he is as irreplaceable as you say he is, then this should come as a breeze to him

First of all, where did I say that Flaherty was irreplaceable? (Answer: nowhere.)

But second, I think being able to play pretty well at all three infield positions that require a lot of throwing is a pretty good skill. As I outlined above, there aren't a lot of guys who are being asked to do it (play all three) as often as Flaherty has this season. Hopefully, next year Manny will stay healthy, Hardy won't need as much rest, and Flaherty won't be asked to move around so often. But it's nice to know that he can.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can guarantee you, Flaherty would not have been kept around for 3 years, if he had an attitude problem. Buck and DD value a smooth clubhouse and guys that get along with each other.

Never said he had an attitude problem, or didn't get along with his team mates. Man u guys just make stuff up off the top of your heads or what? I said i don't care for his attitide, or the way he appears to hold himself.

First of all, where did I say that Flaherty was irreplaceable? (Answer: nowhere.)

But second, I think being able to play pretty well at all three infield positions that require a lot of throwing is a pretty good skill. As I outlined above, there aren't a lot of guys who are being asked to do it (play all three) as often as Flaherty has this season. Hopefully, next year Manny will stay healthy, Hardy won't need as much rest, and Flaherty won't be asked to move around so often. But it's nice to know that he can.

Flaherty is versatile, a decent utility guy. But some of you guys make him out to be amazing, and he is not

I have never liked Flaherty's attitude since day 1. Sure, of course he wants to succeed badly. But he bats .200 and acts like he has swag

I have never, ever noticed any attitude issues with Flaherty.

And by the way, I haven't exactly been a Flaherty fanboy over the years. I advocated sending him to the minors numerous times last year. I'm actually pretty disappointed that his hitting hasn't come around more. But he's still been a pretty decent UTI this year for us, in a year when we really needed one.

I spent some time looking around this morning for a plausible upgrade, and I'm not sure there is anyone who is a clear upgrade, at least at any price that is remotely reasonable.

Would you rather him meekly approach the plate, bow down to the pitcher, say a little prayer, and hope that with his limited skills he can make some contact? The last thing Flaherty has is an attitude problem. He just doesn't have a very outgoing personality on the field. See Mr. Markakis for another good ball player with a similar on field persona.

Nick doesn't pretend to have swag tho. sure he is quiet on the field, but he just plays baseball. Flash makes a nice play or gets a hit and he acts like he's the best in the biz. Just grates on me. Sorry i have an opinion of him

I have never, ever noticed any attitude issues with Flaherty.

And by the way, I haven't exactly been a Flaherty fanboy over the years. I advocated sending him to the minors numerous times last year. I'm actually pretty disappointed that his hitting hasn't come around more. But he's still been a pretty decent UTI this year for us, in a year when we really needed one.

I spent some time looking around this morning for a plausible upgrade, and I'm not sure there is anyone who is a clear upgrade, at least at any price that is remotely reasonable.

I totally agree that he is useful, and that's fine if we move forward with him. I think u guys misunderstood me a little. I'm glad we have a versatile guy on our roster, just trying to see if there was anyone out there, and if not, we'll just move forward with Flash i suppose.

What attitude, how about backing that up?

Nick doesn't pretend to have swag tho. sure he is quiet on the field, but he just plays baseball. Flash makes a nice play or gets a hit and he acts like he's the best in the biz. Just grates on me. Sorry i have an opinion of him

That's the attitude I'm referring to. Not that he has a bad attitude, or something detrimental to the team. It's just my person opinion of him.

Can you provide any examples of how he "acts like he's the best in the biz?"

That's the attitude I'm referring to. Not that he has a bad attitude, or something detrimental to the team. It's just my person opinion of him.

I've really never seen that from him honestly. Personalities are personalities. Some guys are all business after they make a nice play like Nick and others are going to show you more emotion. i wish he could hit more too fwiw but I like that we can put him in at 2B, SS, and 3B and him not be a total liability.

Your personal opinion seems to be in a vast minority.

I actually think Flash has looked better at the plate this year... seems to be seeing more pitches, and lays off the tough curve balls. Results haven't been there, but I think he has been having better AB's

Remember only him and Manny managed to hit HRs in the ALDS in 2012

Okay, I get it, well, we have to agree to disagree. I think you are 180% wrong in your opinion and you probably think the same of me.

Archived