SUNDAY NIGHT BASEBALL: vs. Yankees, 9/14

OFFNY

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The weird thing is I thought to myself "this game is going to be very similar to Friday's first game" since it was tied at the start of 9. then the Yankees got a 1 run lead and I thought ok this needs to REALLY look like that game now! They break the tie in the ninth by one, then we get two to walk off in the bottom, just like Friday! Amazing!

The weird thing is I thought to myself "this game is going to be very similar to Friday's first game" since it was tied at the start of 9. then the Yankees got a 1 run lead and I thought ok this needs to REALLY look like that game now! They break the tie in the ninth by one, then we get two to walk off in the bottom, just like Friday! Amazing!

I felt it coming honestly. A) we have heart and B) Roberson has been used alot this series.

Way to go Orioles! I was with you all the way.

I hope some of you can grow some heart for the play-offs. It is hard to hang here with all the whining and doomsday prognostications. Sorry to be harsh, but man the F up.

Seriously. A lot of quitting in these threads, especially for a team with an 11.5 game lead and the 2nd best record in baseball.

Not a lot of want to.

Seriously. A lot of quitting in these threads, especially for a team with an 11.5 game lead and the 2nd best record in baseball.

Not a lot of want to.

Yeah, it's almost bizarre. Our starting pitcher has allowed 3 runs or less in 19 straight starts, and he -- gasp -- gives up a run and struggles a bit in the 2nd and there is a post about how he is "not ready for prime time".

We have won 14 of our last 20 yet there is another post about how we are staggering to the finish line like a distance runner who is stumbling and crawling to the finish line while the other runners are gaining on him.

I couldn't make this crap up if I tried.

Yeah, it's almost bizarre. Our starting pitcher has allowed 3 runs or less in 19 straight starts, and he -- gasp -- gives up a run and struggles a bit in the 2nd and there is a post about how he is "not ready for prime time".

We have won 14 of our last 20 yet there is another post about how we are staggering to the finish line like a distance runner who is stumbling and crawling to the finish line while the other runners are gaining on him.

I couldn't make this crap up if I tried.

We'll likely be the first team to clinch. Wouldn't know it tho here. I mean i hate being harsh because i know they love the O's as much as I do but we're 89-60 not 60-89. These aren't your mid 2000s O's. This is a legit contender.

Archived