GAME THREAD: A.L. Wildcard Playoff Game

OFFNY

The teams from California (OAK, LAA, LAD) are my least favorite teams after the Yankees. High-rolling, mass-market snobs. I don't like California as a place in general, and I don't like their baseball teams. It's poetic justice that the Yankees are home, and the A's had to fight tooth and nail to squeak into the postseason on the last day, and are currently sitting on a run deficit against a small to mid-market team in the deciding game of their season.

That's why it's super important that we win the ALDS, so we can stick it to the Angels and Dodgers in the ALCS and WS, respectively. That would be heavenly.

Happy no matter who we beat but those two would be fun given their high payrolls and A listers.

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Game 79 of the regular season, the last-place KC Royals against the last-place Oakland Athletics. Both teams pitching AAA call-ups due to injury.

Err... that's what I'd gather this game is, judging from the "legendary" voice of Denny Matthews.

The crowd is a better announcer than him. 150 dB of "YEAH!!!!!" is a more obvious indication of a Royals pitcher notching a strikeout than his voice.

Archived