GAME THREAD: A.L. Wildcard Playoff Game

OFFNY

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yost will lose his job. He has a TON of guys who he should have chosen to get those three outs, yet he chose a rookie. He's mismanaged his fantastic bullpen all year, he's gone for sure.

He should be gone. My question was rhetorical. Believe me, I've followed his ineptitude with bemusement all year.

<blockquoteclass="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Also, Ventura threw 73 pitches on Sunday. This will be an interesting post-game news conference if the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Royals?src=hash">#Royals</a> lose.</p>— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) <a href="

">October 1, 2014</a></blockquote> <script asyncsrc="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Depends on the situation. I don't think he'd do it with two men on and no outs though. He'd go to an established reliever like Hunter, Miller or O'Day.

With a one run lead? He would expect Tillman to work it out giving up no more than one. Which he would. Which Shields would have.

With a one run lead? He would expect Tillman to work it out giving up no more than one. Which he would. Which Shields would have.

Yes, you see but Ned Yost was a protege of Bobby Cox. He has every angle covered and then some. He can't be bothered with things like his dominant BP when he has a flame throwing starter like Ventura in the pen for one game at his disposal. Who cares that isn't his role during the season? Well, Ned doesn't.

Leaving in Shields in that situation would have meant that Ned Yost didn't get a chance to over manage.

Archived