The Case for Davis

FanSince88

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If someone wants to make a factual argument that Flaherty is more valuable at 3B than Davis, I'm open to hearing it.

Go to Bref and look their OPS+ for this year. Then look at their defensive ratings at third base for their careers (DRS). I would not say one is definitively better overall, but I think they are likely pretty close when looking at those parameters.

The sample is small. The impact has been great.

I don't know the impact was, but Castellanos looked every bit as bad defensively in those three games as his numbers indicated. Also, Flaherty out WAR'd (rWAR) the guy playing 3rd (Moustakas) most of the time for KC in 60% of his AB's.

If we had won the ALDS in 5 games you could at least make a case for him being on the ALCS roster. But we won in 3 games and there's no way were going to go short handed for 5 games. He'll be on the World Series roster if we make it though.

Go to Bref and look their OPS+ for this year. Then look at their defensive ratings at third base for their careers (DRS). I would not say one is definitively better overall, but I think they are likely pretty close when looking at those parameters.

This. And one of those guys has been playing and staying in the game, while the other has been hitting off instructional league guys and hasn't seen ML pitching in a month.

This. And one of those guys has been playing and staying in the game, while the other has been hitting off instructional league guys and hasn't seen ML pitching in a month.
I don't know the impact was, but Castellanos looked every bit as bad defensively in those three games as his numbers indicated. Also, Flaherty out WAR'd (rWAR) the guy playing 3rd (Moustakas) most of the time for KC in 60% of his AB's.

And this. Flaherty takes a beating around here and while I likely don't want him as a full time player I can imagine the hand wringing would have been something awful if we had to sit through an entire season of Moustakas.

And can't you just see all the threads with potential misspellings?

Including a guy hitting below the Mendoza line who,will be out until the sixth game is ridiculous. And their might not even be a sixth game. And if he can't hit with his drugs what do you think he is going to do without his drugs?

We haven't missed him.

Maybe he will be, but I'm just not completely convinced. Coming back from a suspension to play in the World Series is no small transition.

Yeah if everyone is playing well why rock the boat. I have a feeling Chris has played his last game as an Oriole.

If this is true that's a shame. Guy has one "bad" season and gets a 25 game suspension and we're just going to give up on him?

It would be colossally dumb for the Orioles to trade or release Davis this offseason. The epitome of selling low. Let's see what he can do in the WS if we make it and next season. I don't particularly want to see him in a Yanks or Sox uniform just yet, do you?

He could always be a trade deadline chip next year even if he's still not performing up to par. And if he does improve then so much the better for us.

Archived