Caleb Joseph on Royals last night.

Greg

In fact in game four we should have run a few fastballs up their rear ends.

Why? So the O's can announce to the world what a bunch of sore losers they are? Not a good idea in a Championship series. With that said, if they want to run one of Dyson's rear end in April next year go for it.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Couldn't disagree more.

I recall when the Ravens finally won the Championship Game in 2012 beating the Patriots, Suggs ran off the field and said something like, "Have a nice time at the Pro Bowl this year Patriots!". Yea that was probably uncalled for, but I got it because there were many years of hard-fought, heart breaking losses. Suggs finally won and his emotion came out in the moment.

But when you lose, just shut up and come back next year and try to beat them. It's pretty pathetic to be sitting at home after they ended your season in a sweep only to be tweeting garbage like this. The Royals swept them in 4 and deserved to win. No question about it.

haha Suggs made totally classless comments about Belichik. No way he should be talking about the head coach. Doesn't matter if Royals deserved to win, they acted like clowns and it's fair game now to get them back for it.

haha Suggs made totally classless comments about Belichik. No way he should be talking about the head coach. Doesn't matter if Royals deserved to win, they acted like clowns and it's fair game now to get them back for it.

Get them back from your couch at home when they are playing in the Fall Classic? Oh please. Whether the Royals win or lose they made to the World Series. They'll have an American League Championship banner flying high now. And their fans get 2 more weeks of fun and baseball.

Why? So the O's can announce to the world what a bunch of sore losers they are? Not a good idea in a Championship series. With that said, if they want to run one of Dyson's rear end in April next year go for it.

Royals put themselves in this position by acting like jerks. Now they have a big bullseye on their butts. It has nothing to do with

being a sore loser. Again I repeat to you it has nothing to do with being a sore loser. It's their actions and attitude I don't like. Get

that through your head

Sounds like sour grapes to me. Win or lose the Royals are the American League Champs and are playing on the big stage. Caleb is sitting home on his couch watching like the rest of us.

NO it doesn't and I'll tell you why. The Royals were playing out of their shoes. Flawless defense and bullpen. But the "baseball Gods" were CLEARLY on their side. That's fine. Teams get on a roll and things start to go their way. If it's their year so be it. But don't pound your chest on every bloop or broken bat single. Don't talk big as a pitcher when you know had your defense not bailed you out time and time again, you'd have an even higher ERA than 5 plus. Don't win a bunch of close games over solid competition where one bounce of the ball or called strike could have changed the outcome, and then rub it in their face with a classless t-shirt suggesting your dominance. Don't suggest another team doesn't have heart or the will to come back.

All week, all I heard was Royal players talking about how they KNEW they were this good and this was the goal all along. Never once have I heard a player expressed one ounce of humility, in spite of so much good fortune being on their side. That's all I ask from an athlete or team. When the ball is bouncing your way, be humble, admit it, and let OTHER people talk about how good you are. Quit pounding your chest with this "I told you we were this good" attitude- when myself, and I'm guessing many others- figured it was only a matter of time before the bubble burst and all that false bravado was exposed.

I WISH I could root for the Royals- but I just can't. I'd rather them get swept- so regardless of what their ego can say about their series with us or the Angels- they won't be able to flash a World Series ring with that arrogance for the rest of their lives.

Just a tiny bit of humility goes a long way...

Okay, vent over.

The way the tweet is worded it could be about anything. Now we all know what it is about but if push came to shove he could deny it was about the Royals. I applaud him for saying what he said if it was directed at them. They made hard catches look spectacular. The one catch Cain had he dove after he caught the ball. Cain caught one over near the stands in right and did a couple spins after the catch. Gordon caught the one in left and hit the fence and laid on the ground. He wasn't hurt. Some of their guys were the biggest D's I've seen. I thought if the Royals won I would root for them. Not after some of the stuff they pulled.

Gordon is a superb leftfielder, but I agree that he couldn't stop himself from hamming it up. But it's not unusual, I've seen Adam do it, too.

Royals put themselves in this position by acting like jerks. Now they have a big bullseye on their butts. It has nothing to do with

being a sore loser. Again I repeat to you it has nothing to do with being a sore loser. It's their actions and attitude I don't like. Get

that through your head

They played with emotion. I saw the Giants doing the same thing in the Cardinal series. When you're a few games from the World Series and you can sense it I'm sure it's hard to contain yourself. Sorry, it has everything with being a sore loser.

NO it doesn't and I'll tell you why. The Royals were playing out of their shoes. Flawless defense and bullpen. But the "baseball Gods" were CLEARLY on their side. That's fine. Teams get on a roll and things start to go their way. If it's their year so be it. But don't pound your chest on every bloop or broken bat single. Don't talk big as a pitcher when you know had your defense not bailed you out time and time again, you'd have an even higher ERA than 5 plus. Don't win a bunch of close games over solid competition where one bounce of the ball or called strike could have changed the outcome, and then rub it in their face with a classless t-shirt suggesting your dominance. Don't suggest another team doesn't have heart or the will to come back.

All week, all I heard was Royal players talking about how they KNEW they were this good and this was the goal all along. Never once have I heard a player expressed one ounce of humility, in spite of so much good fortune being on their side. That's all I ask from an athlete or team. When the ball is bouncing your way, be humble, admit it, and let OTHER people talk about how good you are. Quit pounding your chest with this "I told you we were this good" attitude- when myself, and I'm guessing many others- figured it was only a matter of time before the bubble burst and all that false bravado was exposed.

I WISH I could root for the Royals- but I just can't. I'd rather them get swept- so regardless of what their ego can say about their series with us or the Angels- they won't be able to flash a World Series ring with that arrogance for the rest of their lives.

Okay, vent over.

I get it. And I think your vent it appropriate. I had many of the same feelings. But you and I are fans on a chat board.

As a player Caleb Joseph is in a different position. I'd rather see these guys just shut up after getting swept and come back next year even better. What good could possibly come from Caleb's tweet other than to fire up some pissed off fans on this board. I think it makes him look bad.

Couldn't disagree more.

I recall when the Ravens finally won the Championship Game in 2012 beating the Patriots, Suggs ran off the field and said something like, "Have a nice time at the Pro Bowl this year Patriots!". Yea that was probably uncalled for, but I got it because there were many years of hard-fought, heart breaking losses. Suggs finally won and his emotion came out in the moment.

But when you lose, just shut up and come back next year and try to beat them. It's pretty pathetic to be sitting at home after they ended your season in a sweep only to be tweeting garbage like this. The Royals swept them in 4 and deserved to win. No question about it.

Dude, get off your high horse please. Caleb Joseph is only saying what most fans and players are thinking. The Royals had a horseshoe up their ass against the Angels and Orioles. It was obvious. It was akin to the Orioles in 2012. But the Orioles never showed up opponents or acted too big for their britches. Since I'm sure you've never called someone out for anything in your life, especially when they've beaten you in 4 straight games that could have gone either way- only to react as if they dominated you entirely- I can understand your disdain for Joseph's comment. But we can't all be as thick skinned and tolerant as you.

When someone does nothing but pump their chest and flaunt their success as if it was a certainty- it's incredibly hard to not want to burst that bubble.. for most.. not you, obviously- cuz you are a tough guy who takes his "losses like a man"... but for many people...

Get them back from your couch at home when they are playing in the Fall Classic? Oh please. Whether the Royals win or lose they made to the World Series. They'll have an American League Championship banner flying high now. And their fans get 2 more weeks of fun and baseball.

It's probably only going to be one week for their fans and it isn't going to be a lot of fun either.

I get it. And I think your vent it appropriate. I had many of the same feelings. But you and I are fans on a chat board.

As a player Caleb Joseph is in a different position. I'd rather see these guys just shut up after getting swept and come back next year even better. What good could possibly come from Caleb's tweet other than to fire up some pissed off fans on this board. I think it makes him look bad.

YOu mean kinda like you just got me with your last retort? lol

Exactly- so you are doing exactly what you said you are trying to prevent. Going overboard to present a case for NOT calling it like it is- and venting. Joseph made a short comment. He probably feels responsible for gifting the Royals game 4- since he dropped the ball in the first inning that gave them their only 2 runs of the game.

He probably feels more anoyed than anybody- because he knows HE GAVE THEM that clinching game.

Debate all you want about what may have happened had they not scored there- they coulda scored later yada yada... but Caleb probably wanted to say a LOT more than what he did- so I personally, will applaud him for keeping it to that- for all the yapping the Royals did....

Dude, get off your high horse please. Caleb Joseph is only saying what most fans and players are thinking. The Royals had a horseshoe up their ass against the Angels and Orioles. It was obvious. It was akin to the Orioles in 2012. But the Orioles never showed up opponents or acted too big for their britches. Since I'm sure you've never called someone out for anything in your life, especially when they've beaten you in 4 straight games that could have gone either way- only to react as if they dominated you entirely- I can understand your disdain for Joseph's comment. But we can't all be as thick skinned and tolerant as you.

When someone does nothing but pump their chest and flaunt their success as if it was a certainty- it's incredibly hard to not want to burst that bubble.. for most.. not you, obviously- cuz you are a tough guy who takes his "losses like a man"... but for many people...

This isn't about me. It's about Caleb's tweet. At best Caleb looks like a sore loser, at worst he's going to look like a fool if the Royals come back and win. When you tweet this stuff out you open yourself up.

Hey, the Royals won because they played at a higher level than the O's. Period. Fans like you can whine about a horseshoe up their asses all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that they are playing in the World Series and the O's are sitting home.

This isn't about me. It's about Caleb's tweet. At best Caleb looks like a sore loser, at worst he's going to look like a fool if the Royals come back and win. When you tweet this stuff out you open yourself up.

Hey, the Royals won because they played at a higher level than the O's. Period. Fans like you can whine about a horseshoe up their asses all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that they are playing in the World Series and the O's are sitting home.

Not a sore loser, I'm sure he got sick of the Royals eating four leaf clovers and pooping out Horseshoes.

Okay, vent over.

This is just an awesome post and I agree 100%.

I can't believe I'm even going to say this, but the way the Royals flashed their ego in regards to beating us almost made me miss the way the Yankees win. They win with respect and they go celebrate for themselves. They don't rub the other team's nose in it!

Screw the Royals. I hope they get swept and the offseason begins before Sundays football games!

Archived