Joe Maddon leaving the Rays for the Cubs

Greg

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maddon should do well with the Cubs and their young players. He might find he got a little spoiled with the Rays pitching staff when he sees the Cubs though. At least at first.

I've said it before, I fully expect the Cubs to get one of the three "#1" starters on the market this offseason. Will probably get another guy to plug into the rotation as well.

Cubs add Lester and Lirano in FA and trade for Span that would make them a pretty nasty team in 2015.

1B:Rizzo

2B:Baez

SS:Castro

3B:Bryant

RF:Soler

CF:Span

LF:Alcantara

C:Castillo

SP:Leser,Arrieta,Liraino,Hendricks,(Wada/Dubrount/Wood)

I think you mean 2016. You are doing an awful lot of projecting of young players IMMEDIATELY reaching their potential there.

Cubs add Lester and Lirano in FA and trade for Span that would make them a pretty nasty team in 2015.

Why are the Nats trading Span?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bryce wants him gone. ;)

In 1933 the Washington Senators needed a new manager after dismissing Walter Johnson. They picked their best player, 26-year-old shortstop Joe Cronin. Who immediately guided the team to the World Series.

I am fully in favor of the Nats cooking up some excuse about playoff failure, firing Matt Williams, and appointing Bryce Harper manager. And GM. The fun would never end. Well... maybe it wouldn't go so well if you're a Nats fan. But for everyone else...

Why are the Nats trading Span?

If they had decided to pick up Laroche's option trading span would have been an option with an OF of Zimmerman/Harper/Werth. Obviously now that Laroche is leaving that puts Zimmerman at 1B and Span wont be going anywhere.

If they had decided to pick up Laroche's option trading span would have been an option with an OF of Zimmerman/Harper/Werth. Obviously now that Laroche is leaving that puts Zimmerman at 1B and Span wont be going anywhere.

Right, but everything I read/heard was that it was about 80/20 that they were going to keep Span over LaRoche.

Cubs don't need Span. They have Addison Russell and Almora to fit into that lineup. Schwarber as well.

Maddon should do well with the Cubs and their young players. He might find he got a little spoiled with the Rays pitching staff when he sees the Cubs though. At least at first.

Maddon never had the position players that he'll have with the Cubs and lots of payroll. That team is going to be sooooo good starting at some point in the next three years.

Archived