9 of the O's top 25 players will be free agents after the 2015 season

wildcard

Good thread topic.

Although somewhat concerned, it is promising that there are some good, young, cheap internal options that will provide DD and Buck roster flexibility. Especially on the SP and BP side.

I see possibility where O's keep some, replace internally some, and add a quality FA piece or two.

You're wrong. 15 win, 30 hr's, one of the best catchers in the game = QO.

Norris and even ODay could get one too.

No way do you offer O'Day 1/$16+MM.....whoa just no!

Need to have a plan for the starting pitching.

If Bundy and/or Harvey don't develop we are in deep doo doo

At best we can only hope Bundy will be like Gausmans first year up in the Majors. He will be at AA/AAA for most of the season and maybe some starts late in the season. I just want him to be healthy and getting the velocity back.

Harvey is still years away from coming up and probably looking at TJ in his near future.

My point is that we may never really have Gausman, Bundy, and Harvey in the rotation all at once.

You're wrong. 15 win, 30 hr's, one of the best catchers in the game = QO.

Norris and even ODay could get one too.

No way ODay gets a qualifying offer. It will probably be 16 million next year no one in their right mind would pay that for a set-up man. And Wieters is coming off an injury and the season before that was pretty awful. He isn't getting younger I can't see the team paying him 16 million.

Not O'Day.

The others maybe depending on the season.

Norris would have to have one heck of a season to get that kind of money. Completely dominant. I don't see it happening. I could see Norris signing for 12 million a year extension with the club which is what I see him worth as a free agent.

Orioles are likely going to have to go through a bit of a rebuild after 2015. I don't see them being willing to overpay for any of the names on this list (particularly if we overpay for Nick and Cruz this year) , which is what free agency has become. And that will pretty much lead to younger and more untried variables being put in their place come 2016.

Orioles are likely going to have to go through a bit of a rebuild after 2015. I don't see them being willing to overpay for any of the names on this list (particularly if we overpay for Nick and Cruz this year) , which is what free agency has become. And that will pretty much lead to younger and more untried variables being put in their place come 2016.

I don't believe in the window or the rebuild myself. Almost all free agents tend to be poor values.

I don't believe in the window or the rebuild myself. Almost all free agents tend to be poor values.

No, i didn't mean a free agent rebuild, i just meant they will likely have to be internally accelerating to replace those who leave along with the usual value off season signs that DD likes. But that is a large number of contributors to replace in one year so I suspect a bit of a slide in 2016. Though this could be totally wrong if others step up bigger than expected.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No, i didn't mean a free agent rebuild, i just meant they will likely have to be internally accelerating to replace those who leave along with the usual value off season signs that DD likes. But that is a large number of contributors to replace in one year so I suspect a bit of a slide in 2016. Though this could be totally wrong if others step up bigger than expected.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It will be exciting to watch. I agree.

And this is where we see if it's sustainable to win consistently in the AL east if you're not the Yanks and Sox. DD hit on a lot of moves to get the organization to this point. But here's where the tougher decisions come in to play. Like who to keep and for what price. The Orioles margin of error is greatly less when compared to the Yanks and Sox. And DD already took a risk on Ubaldo and that's looking like a bust. Bottom line is that for this team to keep winning Gausman and Bundy have to develop at least into number 3 starters, so we can buy the bats.

Archived