Is Nick Markakis still an everyday player?

AlbionHero

I don't think Law is arguing that. It's not a question if will he' date=' but should he. There are a ton of players that will be doing things next year that they probably shouldn't be based on production level.

But like I said. In 2013, Markakis was below replacement. In 2014, he just barely produced at a level that would qualify one as a regular. And now he's a year older. Based on his production the last two years, it's not crazy to ask if he SHOULD be a regular going forward, it's unclear.[/quote']

Sorry, missed this. This is a pretty decent interpretation... it probably is fair to questions whether Nick SHOULD be a starter. Though I think any contract he signs will be with the expectation that he would be considered a starter/regular for the entirety of the contract...

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Comment From Bret

I guess we’ll see if the Orioles end up closing a deal with Markakis, but is he even better than Alejandro de Aza, who would probably be non-tendered if Markakis re-signed?

Dave Cameron: The idea that Nick Markakis is good is the one thing I least understand about this offseason.

From Cameron's recent chat.

Sorry, missed this. This is a pretty decent interpretation... it probably is fair to questions whether Nick SHOULD be a starter. Though I think any contract he signs will be with the expectation that he would be considered a starter/regular for the entirety of the contract...

It's a pretty fair assessment. IMO I don't think we should commit to 3-4 years at $10/12MM AAV to Markakis.

Archived