The Orioles are showing strong interest in free-agent OFer Michael Morse (Signs w/Marlins)

Greg

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In the past he has hated DHing. Its hard to believe that as a free agents he would sign on for a DH job.

Half the job opportunities when you are just a DH. Saying you want to play in the field is a wise business choice.

http://blog.sfgate.com/giants/2014/02/17/new-sf-giants-left-fielder-michael-morse-explains-his-offseason-wrist-surgery-plus-camp-notes/

Dr. Richard Berger did Morse a huge solid in October by finding the source of an impingment that not only sent pain shooting up his left arm but prevented him from straightening his wrist. Morse is not shy about blaming the injury for his awful 2013 season with the Mariners and Orioles – a .215 average and .651 OPS.

Morse jammed the wrist early in the season while sliding and team doctors could not locate the precise injury. He even was told it might be in his head.

Former Nationlals teammate Mark DeRosa, the ex-Giant, convinced Morse he might have the same injury that derailed DeRosa’s career, a torn sheath tendon. One day DeRosa grabbed Morse’s wrist, pressed hard in one spot and asked, “Does that hurt?”

Morse screamed in pain and DeRosa said, “Oof, I had that. Look at me now.”

For the sake of accuracy, Cruz OPS at home was .783. On the road, .930. 25 homers on the road, 15 at OPACY.

That said, I've heard from my sources that Nelson did really like Camden Yards. According to his intimates he's quite the aesthete, and it's well known that all aesthetes love Camden Yards (AALCY).

So weams was right.

Archived