Toronto looking for New President to be Duquette.

OriolesManiac88

To set a precedent. Teams are always expected to allow a coach or front office person to get a promotion. Its frowned upon to deny them a promotion.
Then let Toronto start begging after the season. Rewarding them when they have someone already in place is total bull.
Got me. I'm just saying that MLB is gonna put the pressure on the O's to let Duquette go to Toronto. Not for sure, how they can do it but there's a lot of smoke that suggests that they might be able to do it. Otherwise, why, according to Roch, are the O's even looking over the Jays organization for possible compensation players?
Got me as well especially since there have not been negotiations.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Got me. I'm just saying that MLB is gonna put the pressure on the O's to let Duquette go to Toronto. Not for sure, how they can do it but there's a lot of smoke that suggests that they might be able to do it. Otherwise, why, according to Roch, are the O's even looking over the Jays organization for possible compensation players?

Is it possible that all the reports are accurate? Angelos is taking the position, at least publicly, that Duquette"'s contract is binding and he must honor it. But just in case baseball can pull the "in the best interest clause" the Orioles are doing their due diligence regarding compensation. If the O's are "forced" to accept MLB's decision. In the short term they take the compensation, while in the long term fighting the decision in court. On the surface this seems to me to be a pretty flimsy matter for MLB to test the "best interest clause". While it has been common practice for franchises to release employees from their contracts, violating that practice doesn't seem the same as selling off all of your players ala Charle Finley.

To set a precedent. Teams are always expected to allow a coach or front office person to get a promotion. Its frowned upon to deny them a promotion.

It's not precedent. What you are saying here is equatable to the tradition not showing up someone on the field.

"Expect a deal to be reached soon" isn't very vague. Are you going with the conspiracy theory that KR is just doing this to screw around with the O's?

How many times has the phrase been used and it not happen?

How many times do you know of an Owner of any sports team have such a hardline knowing damn well he'll feel the brunt of the outrage if he's proven to be the liar?

Only people that can even "talk" to the Bluejays are Peter and John.. and both have denied the report.

Sports reports can say whatever they hell they want and not feel any wrath out "talks" because FO's especially the O's FO who doesn't talk publicly and specifically about "talks, trades, or even deals" until they are done or nixed.

KR is reaching. Yes, the O's have talked with the Bluejays.. back in December. Convo went something like this... "Find your own GM, and get bent".

Why is it so hard to believe they could be talking? The Orioles gain literally nothing by Angelos confirming they are. It signals to the Blue Jays that we've already given up on keeping Duquette and will settle for whatever. It also sends a message of internal disunity to other teams who may be reluctant to trade with us or looking to take advantage of a potentially outgoing GM. Free agents we're currently posturing with (read: Colby Rasmus) may also et impatient and sign elsewhere if there's a hint of directionless or the chance a new GM changes the team's interest in them.

"Expect a deal to be reached soon" isn't very vague. Are you going with the conspiracy theory that KR is just doing this to screw around with the O's?
Just to be clear, to that rumor Morosi responded

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>I cannot confirm that report, but I was told <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/BlueJays?src=hash">#BlueJays</a> ownership has informed MLB that Dan Duquette is their top choice for CEO job.</p>— Jon Morosi (@jonmorosi) <a href="

">January 14, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

How many times has the phrase been used and it not happen?

How many times do you know of an Owner of any sports team have such a hardline knowing damn well he'll feel the brunt of the outrage if he's proven to be the liar?

Only people that can even "talk" to the Bluejays are Peter and John.. and both have denied the report.

Sports reports can say whatever they hell they want and not feel any wrath out "talks" because FO's especially the O's FO who doesn't talk publicly and specifically about "talks, trades, or even deals" until they are done or nixed.

Yeah but it's usually about players or money. Not about your GM. This is the point of no return. Just accept it. We still have Buck and a team that won the AL east by 10 games last year.

Why is it so hard to believe they could be talking? The Orioles gain literally nothing by Angelos confirming they are. It signals to the Blue Jays that we've already given up on keeping Duquette and will settle for whatever. It also sends a message of internal disunity to other teams who may be reluctant to trade with us or looking to take advantage of a potentially outgoing GM.

Because the FO's position from the top, the only two that can do the trade is quiet clear.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>If Duq were to leave my sense: Os wouldn't replace him @ top. Id expect Showalter/Brady Anderson to p/u more duties. Trio works closely now</p>— Dan Connolly (@danconnollysun) <a href="

">January 15, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Lawyers costs lots of money. Think Pete wants to spend all that money on lawyers (even if it's his firm)? Over a guy that wants to be somewhere else?

You miss the entire point. Peter has owned the O's for 22 years. In that time he has had a successful GM that his likes for 3 years. That is Dan. During that three years the O's have won and attendance has increased 700,000. No doubt advertising revenue has increased in MASN as well from the beginning of 2012 to the end of 2014. Its not just Dan's salary. Its what Dan means to on-going success of the O's. The next four years of Dan's management means a ton of money to Peter.

I guess I'm naive or stupid or whatever. How does a guy like Duquette become their "top choice" without ever interviewing or even talking to them? If they know that Angelos is dead set against it and there is no way they can get him, why waste their time going up that tree?
His results make him their top choice. They're running to MLB to intervene for them because they know Angelos is adamantly opposed.

Archived