Toronto looking for New President to be Duquette.

OriolesManiac88

With all due respect that's not Dan Duquette problem, and rarely if ever do these team president CEO jobs come available.

As far as the four year contract goes there is a general understanding that management is free to leave for promotions should the opportunity arise. This will have ramifications down-the-line attracting management talent and may filter down to the bench coaches. Noone wants to work for an organization where should the opportunity arise to advance yourself the owner will stand in the way.

The way I see it there are two realistic avenues for Angelos to proceed with...

He can either give the jays permission should they ask and allow them a window along with the O's to find contingencies or promote him and be done with it.

There is truth in your words. Only a lawyer would wave a contract in your face and deny you an opportunity to advance.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think it's particularly unethical to offer a promotion to someone outside of your organization, what I don't understand is the need to leak/offer this a day before the bloody winter meetings, like seriously....

At this point we don't know that Toronto has done anything wrong. We have heard 3 names floated out that they have interest in, no proof they have contacted any of them. Timing is poor but they have a position to fill.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Duq on <a href="https://twitter.com/MLBNetworkRadio">@MLBNetworkRadio</a>: "I'm w/ the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a> & Im here to represent the Orioles at the meetings & I really don't have anything other 2 add"</p>? Eduardo A. Encina (@EddieInTheYard) <a href="
">December 7, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

He sounds bitter.

Dumb question. Just how do you SOUND bitter in a tweet?

Only you can determine tone by a tweet. You have mystical powers. I was actually listening to him when he said it, there wasn't an ounce of bitterness in his tone at all. None. But keep making things up, it's what you do best.

Well stated. Thank you Malike. I guess Birdland is still bitter that DD let Kakes get away.

I don't think it's particularly unethical to offer a promotion to someone outside of your organization, what I don't understand is the need to leak/offer this a day before the bloody winter meetings, like seriously....

They could have done this after the World Series. Not now. I think it is unethical.

With all due respect that's not Dan Duquette problem, and rarely if ever do these team president CEO jobs come available.

As far as the four year contract goes there is a general understanding that management is free to leave for promotions should the opportunity arise. This will have ramifications down-the-line attracting management talent and may filter down to the bench coaches. Noone wants to work for an organization where should the opportunity arise to advance yourself the owner will stand in the way.

The way I see it there are two realistic avenues for Angelos to proceed with...

He can either give the jays permission should they ask and allow them a window along with the O's to find contingencies or promote him and be done with it.

While it may not be DD's problem, it is also not the Orioles problems that the Jays VOLUNTARILY decide that this is the week that they must find someone to take Beeson's place.

Beeson has been there off and on since 1976, but it has to be the day of the winter meetings that this process starts? Angelos is right to protect the interests of his organization from the stupidity of other organizations just doing things on their own schedule for their own convenience.

Well I listened to the whole segment and he danced around the direct questions like a pro.

He denied nothing said nothing more then he was at the winter meetings to represent the O's. (NO Duh)

Is it final IMHO NO WAY.

Agreed. And not only that, I read the Angelos comments as serving a dual purpose. First to make it clear he hopes DD will stay and second to posture that if DD goes, the compensation will be maximized.

Exactlyyyyyyyy.

The rift man.

We already got reports earlier of Kenny Williams considering resigning if the White Sox refused to let him interview for the Jays president job. You think Duquette will just be happy that they don't allow him to get a better job?

Archived