Should the O's target Steven Souza?

Tony-OH

The Washington Nationals have a crowded outfield and Steven Souza doesn't look like he'll be able to break in anytime soon without an injury.

Souza is a big guy as a good arm who might be able to play RF or DH for the O's. He's been a fantastic minor league hitter and 26 next season, he's needs an extended chance in the big leagues.

Do you think he's available and if he is, who would the Nats want for him?

I have watched Steven Sousa and I think he's great. I think that we could get him for Ryan Webb.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would think a .900 OPS guy is going to take more than a bullpen arm. That said, he is the type of prospect I would be looking to get back for Bud Norris if we were to trade him. Norris and Matusz? Would anybody make that deal?

Washington does not want a one and done pitcher. They need a shortstop, a second baseman and a reliever who won't give up five runs. When it matters.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>If SD-TB trade goes through, Wisler or Joe Ross logically part of TB return. If WAS involved, as <a href="https://twitter.com/JeffPassan">@jeffpassan</a> suggests, Souza name to watch.</p>— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) <a href="

">December 17, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Joel Sherman of the New York Post indicates in tweet that the Nationals and Rays have an agreement in place involving Souza in the event that the primary deal is consummated. He says that Tampa “will spin players” to D.C. if the Myers trade goes down.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/12/padres-rays-discussing-wil-myers-trade.html

It seems that if OH starts a thread about an outfielder, it promptly leads to another team making a deal for or signing him. Just in last two days with Joyce, Morse, let's see if it holds for Souza.

Well, Souza will now be playing in Tampa Bay as he is part of the three team SD, TB, Washington, 11 player deal that takes Will Myers to SD. Man, I know, I know, but our offseason has been sooooooooo boring. Kansas City makes half a dozen major moves, we make one minor move.

Well, Souza will now be playing in Tampa Bay as he is part of the three team SD, TB, Washington, 11 player deal that takes Will Myers to SD. Man, I know, I know, but our offseason has been sooooooooo boring. Kansas City makes half a dozen major moves, we make one minor move.

Are you questioning the honor of the regime? I will report you sir. All HAIL and salute!

Everyone keeps saying wait until the offseason is over. But big difference between this offseason and last is quality players left. Apples and oranges.

I like DD but definitely am scratching my head so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you questioning the honor of the regime? I will report you sir. All HAIL and salute!

Everyone keeps saying wait until the offseason is over. But big difference between this offseason and last is quality players left. Apples and oranges.

I like DD but definitely am scratching my head so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, i trust DD and Buck. But it has been boring so far, lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well, Souza will now be playing in Tampa Bay as he is part of the three team SD, TB, Washington, 11 player deal that takes Will Myers to SD. Man, I know, I know, but our offseason has been sooooooooo boring.
Joel Sherman of the New York Post indicates in tweet that the Nationals and Rays have an agreement in place involving Souza in the event that the primary deal is consummated. He says that Tampa “will spin players” to D.C. if the Myers trade goes down.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/12/padres-rays-discussing-wil-myers-trade.html

How about some inspirational music of John Philip Sousa instead.

Sousa1.jpg

Archived