Orioles have inquired about DBacks outfield depth

Greg

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This just doesn't make any sense. Then why did the O's acquire De Aza when they already had Lough last year? Why did they play De Aza over Lough in LF during September and the playoffs? Why did they tender De Aza a contract when they knew it would cost them 6M or so when they could just put Lough, making 500K, in there?

Agree. I don't think it's the way I'd do it because I think Lough is likely the better player but it's clear which one the O's prefer.

Barring a trade or the signing of someone like Rasmus, I wouldn't be surprised to see Davis in RF because of his arm and his bat, and Pearce at 1B because he has proven he can play the position more than adequately.

I don't think the Orioles are enamored of having DeAza starting in LF. I think Lough gets the first shot and will platoon with a RH hitting "player-to-be-named".....possibly Dariel Alvarez.

ST is definitely going to be interesting this year.

Been saying this since the end of last season. I think CD is your starting RF'er. He is an impressive athlete with a top 5% type arm, and his power bat certainly plays at a corner OF spot.

Been saying this since the end of last season. I think CD is your starting RF'er. He is an impressive athlete with a top 5% type arm, and his power bat certainly plays at a corner OF spot.

I'll take this bet. No chance they are planning on Davis being the right fielder, even with no changes. Buck has even already said it would be Pearce as things stand right now.

Archived