Reimold could make an impact if healthy

wildcard

The last guy among the list of OF on the 25 man roster, whose last name isn't Jones.

Pearce plays too many positions. Young hits too well, lack of slugging included. Snider gets on base. Somebody has to go. Ideally this doesn't happen but who do you think they let go of? I could see them rolling the dice and playing someone out of position for a game here or there. Once September rolls around they will add a glove anyway.

I am guessing they think Reimold is worth a shot due to a lack of options. We are still about 6 weeks away from deals being made. They probably want to see if Reimold can give the team a spark in that time.

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You think the Orioles would dump Snider, Young, and Pearce before Lough? I doubt it. With any of them. It's important to have a backup center fielder, but no so important that you'd keep your defense-first, light-hitting 5th outfielder over someone who they're hoping can be a regular or platoon player for the rest of the year. In case of emergency I don't think it would kill Buck to have to use someone like Flaherty in center for a few innings while they fetch someone like Borbon from Norfolk.

Part of my opinion is based on what I have seen from Buck and how Buck likes guys on his bench to backup SS and CF.

I do not see Lough going anywhere, unless it's a double roster move, again, just my opinion.

I guess today will be filled with all kinds of guessing about who is getting sent down.

Norris said this morning, he expected a reliever to be sent down.

I really think a trade happens. Something involving either Snider or Delmon.

To me they have to play Reimold almost everyday to see if can help us. I think we will see Wieters DH a good bit vs LHP. Paredes will DH vs RHP. Trade is possible of course but in dealing one of those two you have limited your options even more.

Part of my opinion is based on what I have seen from Buck and how Buck likes guys on his bench to backup SS and CF.

I do not see Lough going anywhere, unless it's a double roster move, again, just my opinion.

I guess today will be filled with all kinds of guessing about who is getting sent down.

Norris said this morning, he expected a reliever to be sent down.

They could send a reliever down but when Matusz returns something will have to give. Whether it is today or Sunday they aren't going to go with a 6 man pen for any length of time.

They could send a reliever down but when Matusz returns something will have to give. Whether it is today or Sunday they aren't going to go with a 6 man pen for any length of time.

When Marusz comes back, he's the 25th man, so nothing has to happen then concerning the position players. When Schoop returns, it's a different story.

My bet would be McFarland.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When Marusz comes back, he's the 25th man, so nothing has to happen then concerning the position players. When Schoop returns, it's a different story.

My bet would be McFarland.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True, keep thinking we are at 25 now.

o

Nolan Reimold is the only player ever to hit his 1st major league home run off of Mariano Rivera.

I was there, in the right-field bleachers at Yankee Stadium.

He crushed it to straightaway center-field. After he hit it, I heard a Yankee fan say, "Who the hell was THAT ???" O:D

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/NYA/NYA200905200.shtml

I remember like it was yesterday. Good times. Good times.

Well, bad times for the Orioles, but good game anyway! :D

Man I kept forgetting about Matusz not counting. We make so many roster moves it is hard to keep track. I guess they will go with a 6 man pen until Matusz gets back. I think Lough is safe for now. It actually is starting to make some sense.

Until Schoop returns

vs LHP

Pearce plays 2B

Wieters DH

Young RF

vs RHP

Paredes DH

Flaherty 2B

Snider RF

I think Reimold will play just about everyday. If Reimold plays well then Lough is in trouble when Schoop returns. I think Reimold has until Schoop comes back to show what he has.

Plus a thousand. Pearce is a valuable player, and as much as people root for Reimold - he isn't a valuable player.

I guess we'll see about that. If he hits, then he's a shot on the arm that the club really needs. If he doesn't, he was cheap and can be released. Its a win-win for the Orioles and may be Nolan's last chance.

Nolan is on fire for the past 14 games in AAA. That is why he is being called up now. If it works and he continues to hit then the Orioles did good. If not, so be it. No harm no foul.

To me they have to play Reimold almost everyday to see if can help us.

I never quite got this, and have my doubts that in today's game this really happens. The Orioles have a file on Reimold about six inches thick (I'm hoping metaphorically - it better be electronic). They have multiple people watching him every game at Norfolk, logging every pitch he sees, every break he makes on a fly ball. I'd hope and assume that they have a darned good idea of how he's going to fit in on the MLB team and what he brings to the table. They're not going to learn much from watching him play for a week or two.

Archived