De Aza Arbitration Hearing Winner (Orioles Win)(H. Russell Smouse 8-0)

Beef Supreme

Who Wins the De Aza Arbitration Hearing?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins the De Aza Arbitration Hearing?

• De Aza
    • Orioles
    • They settle pre-hearing
    • Really sick of talking about De Aza'a Arbitration Hearing

No. However, I dispute the notion that the Orioles will trade a guy just because he takes them to arbitration. And I dispute that Guthrie was traded to Colorado in particular as some form of punishment. He was traded to Colorado because we got two solid major leaguers who were under team control for two years each, and that was a good package in exchange for a guy who was under control for one season. As to Jim Johnson, we traded him because he was going to make too much money, whether we went to arbitration or settled.

You may well be correct on all of this. I do think Guthrie was not traded as punishment. I think that he was traded because we would not chance the arbitration award.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe we tendered him because we had not gotten Snider yet? Maybe Lough stays and he goes. Maybe he was the only leadoff guy we could think of before signing Everth?

Decent suggestions. But are Snider, Lough, or Everth better than De Aza? DD seemed pretty happy with him when he was acquired, but then the stern stance on salary seems to point differently.

I guess it is possible he is traded but who would be interested teams?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Decent suggestions. But are Snider, Lough, or Everth better than De Aza? DD seemed pretty happy with him when he was acquired, but then the stern stance on salary seems to point differently.

I guess it is possible he is traded but who would be interested teams?

Platoon partner with Gomes in Atl? Texas' OF is thin.

Don't really know, just throwing some ideas out.

o

I'm not really sick of talking and/or reading about De Aza's arbitration hearing so much as I am intrigued about the attention that it is garnering in two threads.

It must be because of the Bullets/Wizards having been idle due to the N.B.A. All-Star break.

Either that, or De Aza has agreed to take a bunch of us out to dinner if he wins the case.

I think $600k means more to de aza, so I see no issue on his side. Don't fault the organization either.

I can't argue whether he's worth $5MM or $5.65MM.

I wonder whether some of the voters chose according to what they wish to see him paid rather than how they predict the arbitration hearing will be decided.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a> win arbitration case vs. OF Alejandro De Aza. He gets $5 million instead of $5.65 million</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">February 21, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Another win for the O's

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a> win arbitration case vs. OF Alejandro De Aza. He gets $5 million instead of $5.65 million</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

Well, shiver me timbers. I will never doubt the Orioles ever again. I honestly don't see how they won this one, and if this was winnable, why they didn't push harder on some of the other cases where I thought they were in better position. But I am absolutely done doubting them when they decide to take a player to the mat.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>H. Russell Smouse is now 8-0 in these hearings <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/hammer?src=hash">#hammer</a></p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

Archived