Orioles win; Yankees lose

wildcard

"The Yankees first basemen has just sent a Tex message to the right field seats. Oh, you're on the Mark, Teixeira, and the Yankees grab an early lead."

(I actually kind of like John Sterling. His schtick is a little goofy for sure, but he calls a good game and is always fair to the opposition when I've heard him.)

If you get the chance, watch a NYY game while listening to Sterling on the radio. As a NY Post columnist likes to say, the Yankees are the only major league team that plays 324 games -- the 162 that take place on the field and the 162 that John Sterling describes. His play-by-play account often differs wildly from what's going on.

• Upvote 1

If you get the chance, watch a NYY game while listening to Sterling on the radio. As a NY Post columnist likes to say, the Yankees are the only major league team that plays 324 games -- the 162 that take place on the field and the 162 that John Sterling describes. His play-by-play account often differs wildly from what's going on.

I have not heard that, but it's an interesting take.

I don't really mind guys being homers, as long as they're fair to the opposing team, and Sterling has always been that way in the games that I've heard him call. No backhanded compliments, no trying to spin plays to make what the opposition did any less impressive like you see from a lot of other hometown guys, no complaining about the umps. I think that's really why Hunter bothers me so much, because he does all of those things.

• Upvote 1

I have not heard that, but it's an interesting take.

I don't really mind guys being homers, as long as they're fair to the opposing team, and Sterling has always been that way in the games that I've heard him call. No backhanded compliments, no trying to spin plays to make what the opposition did any less impressive like you see from a lot of other hometown guys, no complaining about the umps. I think that's really why Hunter bothers me so much, because he does all of those things.

He's OK in that respect, much better than he used to be.He can be pretty hard on the Yankees when they strand baserunners, walk weak hitters, make errors, etc. He just doesn't know what's going on a lot of the time.

o

My man Ryan Zimmerman! Andrew Miller with his first earned runs!

Orioles win, Yankees lose :thumbsup1:

edit - no blown save, just a LOSS

That, along with the Orioles' win over the Mariners (featuring Cruz' "defense" in the outfield) should keep that "Regretting Not Signing Miller and Cruz" thread at bay ...... at least for a day, anyway.