vs. MARINERS, 5/19

OFFNY

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Mariners should have traded Walker to the Yankees instead of Pineda.

At the time that trade was made, Walker was in Low-A, and Pineda had just had an impressive rookie season in the majors. Safe to say they weren't interchangeable.

o

We were very unlucky on Machado's slow dribbler, double play.

We were very lucky with Jimmy Paredes' slow dribbler, 2-RBI single.

That's baseball sometimes.

Manny has been on fire lately. I would love to put him up in that situation any time over anybody on our team besides AJ.

o

o

We were very unlucky on Machado's slow dribbler, double play.

We were very lucky with Jimmy Paredes' slow dribbler, 2-RBI single.

That's baseball sometimes.

Particularly considering the fact that Paredes looked so bad on the first 3 pitches of his plate appearance before nudging the ball in between the 3rd baseman and the shortstop.

Paredes looked REALLY BAD on those 2 swings and misses on balls that were WAY low.

At the time that trade was made, Walker was in Low-A, and Pineda had just had an impressive rookie season in the majors. Safe to say they weren't interchangeable.

Cool. I didn't take the time to see where Walker was at the time of the trade and I also wasn't being completely serious.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• I rarely go wow, but WOW!  That's a pretty hard no way. I've made myself known that I'm not trading Mayo and I'm certainly not trading him for a reliever and I'm certainly not adding in Kjerstad. The real question is would we trade Kjerstad for Miller straight up. That would be an interesting thought. Miller could absolutely blow out his arm at any point and Kjerstad is going to be in a middle of a major league lineup for a long time.  I'd have to think about that one long and hard especially knowing we will have Bautista back next year and McDermott could be an impact reliever if given a chance too.  
    • I am not sold on Holliday yet. He will need to prove it. He is still very young and may not give us the best chance to win right now. He could be the extra guy in September.    
    • This. 1) let Kimbrel absorb the larger lead saves (tho this doesn’t help either of their save stats / all star arguments). 2) you use them to avoid having to use either one back to back if possible, which is nice given Bautista is coming off an injury and kimbrels age / history of back to backs recently. 3) we would likely have to go to the free agent market anyway to look for a high k guy anyway if we are contenders again given our current desire for another back end arm. Why not keep the guy who we’ve seen perform well for us (mostly).    the one downside is he may not want to be in a situation where he isn’t getting all the save opportunities given where his is in his career and his race up the saves leaderboard list with Jansen 
    • Holliday has MVP potential 
    • I'm not saying Bradfield is untouchable in any way, but I want to see him in AA before getting too down on him. Lots of guys playing well in the majors right now for the Orioles had poor or below average numbers in Aberdeen.  I think Beavers with maybe a guy like Armbruster or Strowd could potentially get it done. Scott is a rental so Elias is not going to give up to much, but I do think Scott would look very good in this pen and when Coulombe comes back, assuming he looks like the same guy, now we have a couple weapons late in the game.
    • Yeah agreed, so I’m basically thinking the same as what you said in your post before mine. Was just crazy to think about how you’d actually structure a lineup that deep. But I think Mullins playing instead of Mountcastle against RHP when you want the extra OF defense would also make sense. It’s a very flexible lineup to move pieces around and match up based on the opposing pitcher, the Orioles SP (Mullins for the fly ball heavy Povich/Suarez? Mateo/Urias for GB heavy Burnes?) and stadium. They have been playing Kjerstad in LF in OPACY some, but Mullins has been much better of late and they’re not going to go to 4th OF level work for him. It makes sense for Mullins’ time to be more at home and less when on the road in parks with friendly corner OF dimensions. But depending on Kjerstad and Mayo’s defense and bats at the MLB level, that could be the optimal lineup with them at LF/3B even at home. 
    • Nice that he is on a streak but he has to do a lot more to be protected this off season.  His 1.624 WHIP needs to go down substantially.
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now