O's pitchers shaking their heads as they leave the mound after being replaced

mdbdotcom

We get it, you don't want to come out of the game.

Ubaldo did it his last time out; Chen and O'Day did it today.

It looks to me like they are showing up their manager when they do that. What do you think.

When Buck was asked a few weeks ago about pitching changes.

He respects that his pitchers are gamers and want to stay in the game, he doesn't begrudge them for that. But, in the end of the day, the responsibility is his to make.

And for the record, I don't think they are showing him up.

They are shaking their heads (most likely) because they were leaving with men on base- their men on base. Leadoff walk and a double for Chen on a bad pitch, and then Oday walks the leadoff man. Im almost positive that is what it is.

We get it, you don't want to come out of the game.

Ubaldo did it his last time out; Chen and O'Day did it today.

It looks to me like they are showing up their manager when they do that. What do you think.

I totally disagree. Wei Yin was disappointed in the situation, runners on base, he was leaving the club in, not showing up JR.

They are shaking their heads (most likely) because they were leaving with men on base- their men on base. Leadoff walk and a double for Chen on a bad pitch, and then Oday walks the leadoff man. Im almost positive that is what it is.

That is exactly what Chen said in the post game interview.

Hopefully, Chen was shaking is head because he walked the leadoff man for the second inning in a row. Geez! Then O'Day walks the leadoff man next inning. Walking the leadoff man 3 innings in a row and not giving up a run. That's no way to win close games late.

Chen doesnt' seem like the kind of pitcher to show up his manager or the manager's fill in. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

According to today's SUN, Chen wasn't happy with his own pitching, particularly having walked the leadoff man. That's why he was shaking his head.

I understand why Ubaldo shook his head. That was the first hard hit ball and buck pulled him after that. Ubaldo should have had the chance there. And we know what happen after that.
Ubaldo had been pitching really well. I think that he was frustrated at being pulled at that point. As it turns out, he was right in being frustrated. All those innings of great pitching that should have resulted in a win, wiped out by a combination of no offense and the bullpen imploding.

Archived