2014: 35-34 ...... 2015: 36-33

OFFNY

o

Last year, the Orioles "bottomed out" at the 69-game mark with a record of 35-34.

They then proceeded to go 57-26 over their next 83 games to stomp their way to the division title, clinching 2 weeks before season's end.

This year at the same exact point, the Orioles are again a mediocre 36-33.

Unlike last year at the same exact point, the Orioles have been playing good baseball as of late, having gone 13-4 over their last 17 games.

The Orioles may not need to go on the same blistering run that they did last year in order to win the division again, but they do need to have a better record than simply repeating the 36-33 that they just completed ...... perhaps if they go 40-30 over their next 70 games (which would put them at 76-63 heading into the final stretch), that would put them in a good position to do defend their crown.

Oh yeah ....... one game at a time. 37-33 by by the end of Tuesday night's game against the Red Sox in eastern Massachusetts.

It's really tough to say whether the division is better this year. I could see the Yankees, rays, and blue jays come crashing back to earth and make a run to another crown much easier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't watch the Rays enough to understand why they're good, but they seem to be. The Yankees' old guys are all hitting well so far. The Jays' offense is sickeningly good. I think we'll have to win it (which I think we can) rather than hoping the other guys lose it.

Rays are much like the nats. Wealth of pitching but will they hit enough...

Yankees is a toss up but I think they will stay in race and add at deadline.

Blue jays just don't impress me and never have. They are full of partial season performers IMO

Rays are much like the nats. Wealth of pitching but will they hit enough...

Yankees is a toss up but I think they will stay in race and add at deadline.

Blue jays just don't impress me and never have. They are full of partial season performers IMO

I think they're going to be one of these teams that is good but not good enough. 81-87 win team maybe worse if they suffer injuries and their pitching does not improve. 9 runs in the 9th inning this weekend, we'd be furious if our pen did that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Yankees don't impress me. Give Toronto more pitching and we'll have a contest.

If they can afford it.

I was listening to the Toronto feed on XM today, and I think they only play 3 home games in 3 weeks in July because of the Pan AM games. They stink away from the Cheaters Centre, so you can expect their typical summer swoon in July and August.

I think were going to score, get good play from the pen and play great defense, I don't have much faith in the starters at all

Yea I think Os probably shoot for being close or ahead in 6th inning and matchup bullpen.

Really need starters to show more. Seems SP performance is closer to 2012 than 2014 this year...

I don't watch the Rays enough to understand why they're good, but they seem to be. The Yankees' old guys are all hitting well so far. The Jays' offense is sickeningly good. I think we'll have to win it (which I think we can), rather than hoping the other guys lose it.

This is very much how I feel.

I don't think that we have to be the wrecking crew that we were last year from late June onward, but I DO think that we have to show SOMETHING ...... we may not need to go 96-66 again to win it, but I also don't think that a respectable 2013 type season (85-77) will do it, either.

This is very much how I feel.

I don't think that we have to be the wrecking crew that we were last year from late June onward, but I DO think that we have to show SOMETHING ...... we may not need to go 96-66 again to win it, but I also don't think that a respectable 2013 type season (85-77) will do it, either.

No reason at all to think 85 wins makes the playoffs. You have to shoot for 90+. I think that is doable, but our starting pitching needs to be more consistent. Last year the rotation was terrific after May 29, but this year we are still wobbling in June.

Archived