What to do with Chris Tillman?

Nevermore

What should we do with Chris Tillman?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. What should we do with Chris Tillman?

• Do nothing: he should figure it out for himself
    • Leave in in the rotation but give him extra coaching
    • Put him in the pen and give him extra coaching -- it worked for Ubaldo, it should work for Tilly
    • Complete medical exam and DL him if anything at all is wrong
    • Trade him for a prospect or hitter
    • Designate him for assignment and release him
    • Other -- please explain in comments

Medical exam and if nothing is wrong, he can be the long man out of the pen. I'm also more willing to wait and see if he can figure it if Norris is removed from the rotation, but we definitely can't have them both starting.

Typical OH response. "This guy sucks and he has no value! Let's trade him!!" Like no one else would notice what a bad year he's having so far.

Thorough medical exam and if he has a hangnail on his glove hand, DL him. I'm not sure what the deal is with him this year but I think he's built up enough equity to get the benefit of the doubt to not have the organization trade him or demote him. Hey, everyone has a bad season, this could be his.

He can't keep making starts though. Give them to Gausman.

Ok, but DL him has the most votes. Trade and DFA have only 2 votes (less than 7%) at the time of this post.

Medical exam and if nothing is wrong, he can be the long man out of the pen. I'm also more willing to wait and see if he can figure it if Norris is removed from the rotation, but we definitely can't have them both starting.
Can we have both in the pen?

Has Tillman's fastball velocity dropped? I haven't noticed if it has, but his fastball seems really straight / flat) to me and his control is definitely off. If the problem is one of mechanics, it can be fixed. If he is hiding an injury, he is both foolish and hurting the team. And if I remember correctly, wasn't Tillman a bit of a head case when we first got him from Seattle? Maybe something is going on outside the game. Regardless, I think an exam off his pitching arm and shoulder is in order.

Has Tillman's fastball velocity dropped? I haven't noticed if it has, but his fastball seems really straight / flat) to me and his control is definitely off. If the problem is one of mechanics, it can be fixed. If he is hiding an injury, he is both foolish and hurting the team. And if I remember correctly, wasn't Tillman a bit of a head case when we first got him from Seattle? Maybe something is going on outside the game. Regardless, I think an exam off his pitching arm and shoulder is in order.

FB velocity is actually up from last year. Command and secondaries are more the issue imo.

Typical OH response. "This guy sucks and he has no value! Let's trade him!!" Like no one else would notice what a bad year he's having so far.

Thorough medical exam and if he has a hangnail on his glove hand, DL him. I'm not sure what the deal is with him this year but I think he's built up enough equity to get the benefit of the doubt to not have the organization trade him or demote him. Hey, everyone has a bad season, this could be his.

He can't keep making starts though. Give them to Gausman.

I think all fanbases are like this. I was reading the Blue Jays message board earlier and they were complaining about how Edwin Encarnacion has been useless this year. Then someone suggested they trade him to the Reds for Cueto and Chapman.

The movement on his fastball always seemed subtle to me....and perhaps he relies more on location and contrast to his secondaries than movement per se. But I agree, his fastball does seem less dynamic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tillman should be demoted to the pen. Maybe Siberia. He's just awful right now and he is not helping his team at all. He'll continue to take the ball every fifth day and the team will be worse off because of it.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Archived