Low Point of the Season?

Bahama O's Fan

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

o

I believe that the Orioles have already hit their low point of the season, when they were 23-29 after 52 games:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/games/standings.cgi?date=2015-06-03

That 23-29 record represented a .442 winning percentage.

After that, they proceeded to go 18-5 over their next 23 games, to get to 41-34 overall.

I don't believe that the Orioles will reach either low point this season again of:

A) A .442 winning percentage.

OOOOOOO OR

B) 6 games below .500.

Just goes to show that when this team loses a few games, then the insanity comes out.

This team has played over half the season at a .500 level after winning 96 games last year. I think it's insane not to be disappointed.

Wow! I don't think that will happen.

Nationals are banged up. Four of five or the regulars will not be in the lineup. With the rainout still not sure who is pitching. The Orioles play so much better at home. The Orioles are playing an Nnjured nationals team. It might be the right time to win some games. Still think for the orioles to sustain anything this year they have to play better on the road. Still have not done the West Coast trip yet. A's and Angels are playing decent ball.

Compare to the same point last year though.

There's an old saying, "Past performance is no guarantee of future results."

They have lost 8 of their last 10 and are 2-6 thus far in July. They are going the wrong way.

I mean, that's a bit of an ironic post, no?

Not at all. I was responding to a poster who was comparing the record so far this year with the record at the same point in the season last year when the team went on to win 96 games.

This team has played over half the season at a .500 level after winning 96 games last year. I think it's insane not to be disappointed.

Disappointed, of course.

But, insanity and the trolls is totally a different subject. Trust me.

Also, true disappointment is a 100+ loss season, trust me on that, that's no fun, whatsoever.

There's an old saying, "Past performance is no guarantee of future results."

They have lost 8 of their last 10 and are 2-6 thus far in July. They are going the wrong way.

Right, this 2-8 stretch is a much clearer indicator of the team's potential, than the 18 and 5 stretch that preceded it because it is more recent.:rolleyestf:

Right, this 2-8 stretch is a much clearer indicator of the team's potential, than the 18 and 5 stretch that preceded it because it is more recent.:rolleyestf:

And if you bookend with the 4-9 stretch that preceded the 18-5 run, you get 24-22. Which is a really good representation of what we probably have.

Archived