This is A Mess (Mega RANT Thread)

eddie83

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The plan was this:

"Oh snap! I can't go to Toronto and I let a couple of the best players on the Orioles walk! I know, I'll just grab some AAAA talent and hope I get lucky!"

I've heard of worse plans under duress.

MSK

If you think about it DD is really the perfect GM for the way Angelos has become has an owner. He doesn't want to give out big contracts. Won't go past 3-4 year deals for pitchers. DD loves to bargain shop and keep flexibility. Which isn't a bad thing. It's just you have to be able to spend on quality at some point. I'd be willing to give DD a break for this whole offseason if he just get's Machado extended in the offseason. The starting pitching is what scares me for next year. Even more than the offense. We're looking at a rotation of Ubaldo, Gonzo, Tillman, Gausman and Davies. Ubaldo is good in alternating years. Next year is in the bad cycle for him. Tillman has had a below average season. Gausman hasn't gotten any type of consistent IP's this year, and Davies has yet to throw a MLB pitch.

If you think about it DD is really the perfect GM for the way Angelos has become has an owner. He doesn't want to give out big contracts. Won't go past 3-4 year deals for pitchers. DD loves to bargain shop and keep flexibility. Which isn't a bad thing. It's just you have to be able to spend on quality at some point. I'd be willing to give DD a break for this whole offseason if he just get's Machado extended in the offseason. The starting pitching is what scares me for next year. Even more than the offense. We're looking at a rotation of Ubaldo, Gonzo, Tillman, Gausman and Davies. Ubaldo is good in alternating years. Next year is in the bad cycle for him. Tillman has had a below average season. Gausman hasn't gotten any type of consistent IP's this year, and Davies has yet to throw a MLB pitch.

There are plenty of decent SP on the market I'll be surprised if we don't pick up one.

Alvarez. Walker. Cleavinger. Yastrzemski.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Add this awesome depth to the subject line - and it's just shocking that they are a 4th place team. Shocking.

Oh well, sometimes you make a huge splash with the Rule V and minor league free agency, and it just doesn't work out....

Add this awesome depth to the subject line - and it's just shocking that they are a 4th place team. Shocking.

Oh well, sometimes you make a huge splash with the Rule V and minor league free agency, and it just doesn't work out....

LOL: that made me laugh.

Usually buying day old bread and about to be expired meat and poultry doesn't work as a solution for the pennant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree these guys have just been flat out bad and underachieved. De Aza, Young, Snider, Parm, Lough, Reimold.....for all that we could have kept Markakis.

Just bite the bullet and call Billy Beane and offer Dylan Bundy for Josh Reddick. Then try to package any of the following (Davis, Pearce, Norris and any OF listed above) to the Padres for Seth Smith.

I agree these guys have just been flat out bad and underachieved. De Aza, Young, Snider, Parm, Lough, Reimold.....for all that we could have kept Markakis.

Just bite the bullet and call Billy Beane and offer Dylan Bundy for Josh Reddick. Then try to package any of the following (Davis, Pearce, Norris and any OF listed above) to the Padres for Seth Smith.

If you are Beane, would you take Bundy for Reddick? We don't even know if Bundy will throw again.

And each year we played WELL over our heads.

It's all come back down to earth now. And it's not pretty.

MSK

What exactly is the difference between being good and being able to play over one's heads for three seasons in a row? Of what does the latter ability consist--roughly 18 months of "good luck?"

I don't think you can make much of a case for the 2013 team playing WELL over its head.

Bad year by Jim Johnson, poor record in one run games. I think they were about 10-11 games under .500 in one run games the second half alone.

Archived