A look at popular CO Options we passed up on.....

ChuckS

Seth Smith .255 .332 .454. (.786)

Nori Aoki: .304 .368 .382 (.751)

Colby Rasmus: .237 .314 .450 (.763)

It's safe to say that any of these guys would have been a better option than Travis Snider and we might still have Zach Davies. I'm aware that Snider is making a little less than these players, but a guy like Brian Matusz could have been easily non-tendered to make up most of the difference.

Seth Smith was the guy I wanted this offseason. The M's got him for a bag of peanuts from the Padres. I think it's safe to say he would be over .800 with the OPS if he was playing in Baltimore this year.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's safe to say that any of these guys would have been a better option than Travis Snider and we might still have Zach Davies. I'm aware that Snider is making a little less than these players, but a guy like Brian Matusz could have been easily non-tendered to make up most of the difference.

Seth Smith was the guy I wanted this offseason. The M's got him for a bag of peanuts from the Padres. I think it's safe to say he would be over .800 with the OPS if he was playing in Baltimore this year.

Interesting take. I guess they would all have been better. It would still have been possible to choose someone who flukishly did not produce that well. I was a big Snider supporter myself and I was wrong.

I was in favor of taking a long look at moving Kang to the outfield. .294 .362 .446 (.809)

I was in favor of taking a long look at moving Kang to the outfield. .294 .362 .446 (.809)

Did anyone expect him to hit this well though? It doesn't seem like his contract indicated that the Pirates did. Nice deal for them.

Obviously I thought he had a chance to be pretty good or I wouldn't have been suggesting the O's look at signing him to play CO.

Yeah I could tell that. But do you know what the genera consensus on Kang's offensive potential was?

Yeah I could tell that. But do you know what the genera consensus on Kang's offensive potential was?

That it was really hard to translate KBO stats to MLB performance.

There were doubts his glove would stick at SS and given the level of competition and extreme offensive environment his power was also questioned.

I figured a fringy shortstop should be fine in the outfield and that for the cost it might be worth a flyer.

Hindsight is 20 20.

Archived