Keys 2008 Opening Day Roster

Tony-OH

Apparently. Butler too. A rotation of Tillman, Spoone, Hernandez, Butler, ???. Impressive.

Add Bascom. Really unbelievable:

Norfolk:

Olson

Penn

Liz

Johnson

Bowie:

Tillman

Spoone

Hernandez

Frederick:

Arrieta

Erbe

Beato

Bergesen

Renshaw

That is a lot of talent and depth.

Where will Snyder, Rowell and Vinyard all play in the infield? Isn't Vinyard a first baseman? If Rowell plays third and Vinyard plays first, where will Snyder play? Just curious.

DH would be my bet. I would like Snyder to get a look see at LF and 2B. I mean if Scott Moore can make the move to 2B, why can't Snyder. Similar body types.

DH would be my bet. I would like Snyder to get a look see at LF and 2B. I mean if Scott Moore can make the move to 2B, why can't Snyder. Similar body types.

The press release mentioned Snyder and Rowell playing the corners, so I expect Snyder at 1B and Rowell at 3B.

where is angle going to be. I am interested to see how he will progress this year

I was a little surprised they didn't jump him to Frederick based n what I'd read here. But MacPhail seems intent on making players move one step at a time and earn every promotion.

And yes, Rowell earned his promotion. He had an above average OPS in a pitchers' league.

Reallly suprised and Not happy to see Rowell playing there. I realize they most likely want Henson to play 3rd in Delmarva., but I wish they would make Billy R. earn his way up the ladder. From what I've read, he had a mediocre spring, and didn't hit lefties last year. Doesn't sound like he earned it. AND, the O's and Billy will have a built in excuse that they rushed him if he does not impress this year. Hoping for the best, we need him , but think this is not a good move.

Rowell played the majority of Spring training with the Norfolk Tides squad, and although not everybody on the opposing team was AAA/AA caliber pitching, but usually the majority tended to be so technically there is a reason why Rowell didn't have an outstanding Spring because the O's were challenging him more on a AA level of competition rather than A level. From what I read from Doc is he looked good in BP and fielding practice.

Archived