Playing lousy feels weird

winkies

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Or, given the number of one run loses, it could be simply a string of bad luck.

That isn't as good a narrative.

String of bad luck. That a bunch of excuse making and not grounded in reality.

The Astros are 19-21 in 1 run games. The Orioles are 17-23. a 2 game difference. Looks like the Astros were able to overcome adversity of a string of bad luc to have the best record in the league, but the Orioles lacked, not the talent, but the guts to over come their bad luck.

Face it, the Orioles are their record. Nothing more and nothing less. 1 run games are bad luck? not a chance

String of bad luck. That a bunch of excuse making and not grounded in reality.

The Astros are 19-21 in 1 run games. The Orioles are 17-23. a 2 game difference. Looks like the Astros were able to overcome adversity of a string of bad luc to have the best record in the league, but the Orioles lacked, not the talent, but the guts to over come their bad luck.

Face it, the Orioles are their record. Nothing more and nothing less. 1 run games are bad luck? not a chance

Right but the nebulous and unprovable concept of "choking" is grounded in reality. :rolleyes:

Somehow the whole starting rotation from last year suddenly decided they were going to "choke". :rolleyes:

And for the record, the O's are 17-24 in one run games, which is seven games under .500 which is a lot worse then being two games under .500.

But I can't expect you to worry about accuracy.

If Orioles Magic is responsible for the wins, bad luck must be responsible for the losses.

Is it time to "change the losing culture" once again?

How about if players just perform up to their career averages? That would have made this season different so far. No, that can't be it. I forgot, the front office tanked the season because.... Benghazi.. I mean, Toronto.

So complicated.

Right but the nebulous and unprovable concept of "choking" is grounded in reality. :rolleyes:

Somehow the whole starting rotation from last year suddenly decided they were going to "choke". :rolleyes:

And for the record, the O's are 17-24 in one run games, which is seven games under .500 which is a lot worse then being two games under .500.

But I can't expect you to worry about accuracy.

Forgot about last night's loss. What explains the Astros bad luck into 1st place? Talent?

Yes, their Pythag is actually better then their record.

Their talent has offset the fact that they have been marginally unlucky.

Why is it so easy to beleive in 'luck' than it is the team is not as good as it should be?

The honest analysis is that if the ORioles kept the best of last year's team to gether and filled the gaps they would probably be repeating as division champs the the AL favorite to the pennant.

DD and the FO didnt try to build on last year and thats why the team will go from 96 wins to 79-83

Forgot about last night's loss. What explains the Astros bad luck into 1st place? Talent?

No, the Astros sacked multiple seasons to build their resources and had a 40 million dollar payroll recently to build to a point where they did have the assets to compete.I did not belief it would work for them. But it has.

Why is it so easy to beleive in 'luck' than it is the team is not as good as it should be?

The honest analysis is that if the ORioles kept the best of last year's team to gether and filled the gaps they would probably be repeating as division champs the the AL favorite to the pennant.

DD and the FO didnt try to build on last year and thats why the team will go from 96 wins to 79-83

It's simple.

Bad teams tend not to outscore their opponents.

Can it be any simpler?

It's simple.

Bad teams tend not to outscore their opponents.

Can it be any simpler?

Thank you, the Orioles are not an unlucky team, they are a bad team.

The first step towards success is knowing where you're starting from

Thank you, the Orioles are not an unlucky team, they are a bad team.

The first step towards success is knowing where you're starting from

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-ZmfX8uLJiMW7hE-5jJbPGUdjHEu0Q86pUBN94Et8uIQolsAIrnwOaA

2015 Orioles

564 runs scored

519 run allowed

You may not know this but 564 is higher then 519. You can tell because while the first number is the same and the third number is lower the second number is higher.

Bottom line for me is that the offseason plan seemed to be this....lets hope we can be as good as last year. That is not how a franchise that values championships opportunities operates. I do not understand the mentality of ....well if this guy and this guy can do this and these guys improves we might be as good as last year.Unless your world series champions, what you were last year was not good enough.

They lost one good/allstar player, one aging player who contributed and a reliever who while was not here long had an impact. We did nothing to improve a SP staff that seemed primed to take a step back from their 2nd half numbers last season as those numbers were significantly better than one would expect given the groups history. We did nothing to protect those pitchers by adding offense to pad their wiggle room. We instead essentially replaced the guy who was the team MVP last year with unproven, inconsistent AAAAish players and then people act shocked it did not work out? Ok

When you lose that and do not bring in a single player of consequence, you bound to take a step back and that is exactly what happened.

Go back to the posts from November 2014 through February 2015.

A bunch of folks were stunned by DD's lack of movement but were told that we were trolls or negative nellies or "gloom and doomers."

My fondest wish is that DD and the FO learned a harsh lesson about percolating and being needlessly cheap and will do what it takes to build a long-term winner in Baltimore.

The fans deserve so much more than this garbage.

MSK

Yet again the repetitive, "I told you so" stuff....

It only gets brought out during a rough stretch and then disappears when things go well. For now

1335927332689_6492296.png

I'm only 23 so I kind of have two life settings, off and 12. I was really upset this off-season because we were at 5. Neither going for it or attempting a rebuild. My Uncles and dad's friends all calmed me down and just told to relax and the moves would work out.

Now I'm questioning. If you want to rebuild then do it. If you want to win then go for it. I'm starting to feel like that again a little right now.

I'm only 23 so I kind of have two life settings, off and 12. I was really upset this off-season because we were at 5. Neither going for it or attempting a rebuild. My Uncles and dad's friends all calmed me down and just told to relax and the moves would work out.

Now I'm questioning. If you want to rebuild then do it. If you want to win then go for it. I'm starting to feel like that again a little right now.

We will learn a lot this offseason.

For the record I don't think Buck will hang around for a rebuild.

Archived