vs. BLUE JAYS, 9/05

OFFNY

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the generous consensus is that it should have won best picture.

Was a strong year and the third best choice won.

For me it was between Pulp Fiction and Shawshank .....would have voted Pulp Fiction but either film was better than Forrest Gump

I liked the Grindhouse stuff. Kurt Disney Russell can be the baddest bad ass when he wants to be.

Kurt Russel is so underrated.

The guy is pretty ordinary when you look at him and yet has always oozed bad ass. That takes talent. Snake Pliskin would hit .400 hit 80 HR's and drive in 200rbi while batting with one hand so the other could shoot bad guys in the crowd :)

Kurt Russel is so underrated.

The guy is pretty ordinary when you look at him and yet has always oozed bad ass. That takes talent. Snake Pliskin would hit .400 hit 80 HR's and drive in 200rbi while batting with one hand so the other could shoot bad guys in the crowd :)

"Snake" played pro ball, in the Dodgers system I think. Made it to AA. 2Bman. I think a knee ended his career.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• For me it is less about would a Urias-Mayo or Urias-Norby switch change us from a .590 to a .580 team for a while, but who is the 9th guy in tournament lineups, and how are we preparing them? Maybe the strong early 2024 data from O'Hearn and Cowser mean the A team for October given health is set with Holliday in for Urias relative to a lineup we might see tonight, and everyone else tie goes to keeping your trade value maximized. I thought Jerry Dipoto let slip to all of us that 54% is the sweet spot  
    • If you felt like you were making a joke, you have a very odd way of writing a joke. That 100% came across as a big FU to me for writing what I wrote.
    • Watch us light it up against Cortes after having struggled so much against him the past 2 seasons, because that's baseball.
    • Yeah, that's right.  There are those pinch hit extraordinaire types that can do it because that's their role, although I think that's more of a yesteryear type thing.   I agree on all points about Santander having a slow start this year, I don't believe anyone should think that's who he is...it's just a slow start.  But that doesn't mean he can't be spelled from time to time, either.
    • I still think you are missing the point a bit. This is not about taking any players out long term. O'Hearn is a starter on this team against RHP, and he should be. But say the Orioles run into a strong of right-handed pitching, what's wrong with giving him a day off? Now you have a great bat in the bench and you keep Kjerstad fresh so he can be a better bat on the bench. this is a team running out McCann, Mateo and Urias against lefties and sometimes righties so there are PH opportunities late in games.  Anyways, my whole point is giving guys off one day a week or once every 8-9 games to get him into games 3-4 times a week doesn't seem hard with a little lineup creativity. Isn't that the whole reason for having players be versatile?
    • I don’t think they brought big Heston up to play and be eased into PT like Cowser/Westburg as part of a rotation.  Kjerstad was a move we made because someone got hurt. So he’s served his purpose. Now send him to AAA for a player more suited to be a bench player. I’d like to see, Kjerstad to AAA for Hicks. DFA Ramirez or Baumman.  Hays activated off the IL with McKenna DFA.  Big Heston gets his chance next year once Santa leaves. Heck, maybe Stowers is in the mix too if we move on from Santa.  Although, we probably need a RH bat. That could be Norby. So one of Heston/Stowers could be a part of a deadline deal for a reliever. My guess is we refuse to deal Heston, like how we refused to deal Cowser this offseason. Heston will be off limits. So a team will have to take a package of Stowers and Norby, or opt for other players not names Heston, Mayo, Basallo, and EBJ.  Overall, @Tony-OH is correct. Heston needs to be playing everyday. 
    • Yep, totally agreed on all points.   Gotta see what this guy has, it's time to do it.   Play him or trade him is all I was really saying.  And by playing him, I mean keep giving him at bats in Norfolk as an option, too.  Sitting him here isn't doing him any good, I don't believe.  
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now