Game 2, April 2nd Cabrera's First 2008 Start

weams

• Replies 886
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Povich's floor might be Zimmermann. He's always been a more highly thought of prospect and the stuff is just better.
    • Tough work... but somebody's gotta do it. The world needs you I guess.  🙄
    • You are gobsmacked that in a tight game he decided to go for the win and it worked out?  Usually most people reserve that kind of extreme hyperbole for when things DONT work out, not when they work out perfectly, but I guess some people have reached a high level of fan-seat entitlement after one great season... In other news, fantastic performance by Irvin, again I feel like one of the biggest hallmarks of this team versus a number of years ago is players just showing up in crunch time and playing above expectations.  I dont know if its the environment, character level of the guys, or what, but guys consistently show up with their best stuff when they really need to.
    • It's to say since I don't have extension numbers for the minors, but due to his size and the way he kinda flings the ball up there I'm guessing it's above the 6-2 average.
    • I'm a geezer so here's my take. This is just about WS opponents. I hate the Pirates with a vengeance. If I hear the song We are Family I will find a sledgehammer and destroy whatever is playing it. Mets are second. Can't believe such a crap team won.
    • I’m not a fan of the proposed trade, but I did want to point out that Scott’s early struggles with walks this year seem to have calmed down at least a little.  He walked 9 in his first 5.2 innings this year, and only 5 in 7.1 since then.   That’s still a very high rate, needless to say.  
    • I was happily wrong about Bradish against the Yankees. He looked dominant and his command and "stuff" were excellent. He could have given the Orioles SIX tremendous innings. I hope I'm wrong again, but John Means, except for his last, terrific rehab start had pitched poorly.He had an 8.68 ERA in 6 rehab starts , and I think he needed at least one  or two more starts to convince me he was ready. The Orioles seem convinced now.I'm not. Again, I hope he proves me wrong. What do you thin he'll give the Orioles tonight? I saw 4 innings of 3 runs and 6 hits with 2 walks. How about you?
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now