If and When -- C.J. Riefenhauser (Claimed by Cubs)

AZRon

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope Paul Folkemer reads or hears about what Im going to say:

Paul Folkemer is an outstanding baseball writer with great tools for analysis and insight. I also think he has a terrific sense of irony and the true instincts for what makes a story. If I was producing anything about baseball and I needed a great staff he's the very first person I would hire.

I would agree.

If you included the St. Louis browns, the "longest" surname would belong to...

Dale Long

I remember when Don Mattingly tied his all-time Major League record of hitting a home run in 8 consecutive games in 1987.

Incidentally, Mattingly broke the American League record when he did that, which was shared by 6 players ...... 2 of which played for our franchise.

Reggie Jackson: 6 Consecutive games in 1976 (Baltimore Orioles)

Ken Williams: 6 Consecutive games in 1922 (St. Louis Browns)

Chris Davis joined Jackson and Williams for a share of the franchise record by equaling their feat in 2012.

Thanks, but, as I stated in my opening post, I am referring to the modern day Orioles' longest surname. To clarify I've edited my recent post on Terdoslavich,

Here's some interesting background on

Gene DeMontreville

I know you only meant the modern Oze... my posting about ENap wasn't meant as a correction; was just trying to include ALL the major league Oze. Too many of us seem to ignore Ned Hanlon's 19th century juggernaut, and I like to right that wrong whenever I can :)

• 3 weeks later...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">To make room for Despaigne on the 40-man roster, LHP C.J. Riefenhauser has been designated for assignment.</p>— Baltimore Orioles (@Orioles) <a href="

">February 4, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">To make room for Despaigne on the 40-man roster, LHP C.J. Riefenhauser has been designated for assignment.</p>— Baltimore Orioles (@Orioles) <a href="

Somewhere the Portocarrero family is partying, celebrating the downfall of yet another contender to the crown. :)

Somewhere, the Portocarrero family is partying, celebrating the downfall of yet another contender to the crown. :)

The insecurities of the surviving members of the 1972 Dolphins are rubbing off on different sections of society.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived