"Wow offer made to Davis!" (7 years - $150M Not one nickle more)

wildcard

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jim Duquette on XM Radio just claimed Angelos will spend this money for Davis but if he doesn't sign, it will go back in his pocket and not be used on other players.

I know that goes against what Dan Duquette has been saying this offseason.

This is what what I am skeptical about. Peter only willing to spend on favorites puts us back at square 1.

No issue with moving on but it's interesting that Angelos can't seem to pull these big money deals off when he gets involved. I wonder if he just is out of touch with the current state of the negotiating process. Who knows.

I think he goes all in the best he can, but he has limits. Fairly happy if he held firm at 7/150 -- great offer, even a bit high, yet far more reasonable than 8/200. Ultimately, I am glad we lost out on Teixeira and Davis (if the deal flies any higher). Overall, I wish his budget numbers were a little more fluid, but avoiding the long contracts that can hamstring a club - I'm okay with him holding to his limit.

-Don

With what I've said. I have no doubt in my mind that if Davis leaves. He will slash .320/.408/.631 and magically learn how to strike out less than 120 per season. Especially if he goes to Toronto!

Oh the anxiety of being an O's fan! :noidea:

Well, it is less difficult to hit a baseball when you know what pitch is coming.

Archived