"Wow offer made to Davis!" (7 years - $150M Not one nickle more)

wildcard

Will it be difficult to deal with Boras on the Alvarez front if we are hard balling him on Davis

Boras has a duty to Alvarez, and unless Boras is severely lacking in professionalism, I would say no. Boras has a responsibility to present all offers to his client. Alvarez is making the decisions, although Boras may try to influence those decisions.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jim Duquette on XM Radio just claimed Angelos will spend this money for Davis but if he doesn't sign, it will go back in his pocket and not be used on other players.

I know that goes against what Dan Duquette has been saying this offseason.

All hell will break loose if this is the case.. I really hope this isn't the case.

Will it be difficult to deal with Boras on the Alvarez front if we are hard balling him on Davis

They aren't "hard balling him on Davis" if they have put a 7/$150 offer on the table with no other confirmed offers.......that's not hard balling. That's a solid offer.

Jim Duquette on XM Radio just claimed Angelos will spend this money for Davis but if he doesn't sign, it will go back in his pocket and not be used on other players.

This is what I was afraid of. I doubt Angelos was going to commit 150 million from his personal bank account. So this is just obvious proof that he's making big money off the O's.

I'm curious what happens if Davis walks and Gordon, Upton, Kazmir, et all don't come to Baltimore. Total fan meltdown probably.

Meh. Happens every year but the fans come back. A bad contract will be worse for the fanbase long term than any short term backlash. Angelos can say that he tried but won't be pushed around. $150M is too much in my opinion for a player who has proven to be wildly inconsistent and got himself suspended in the middle of a pennant race. Definitely don't go any higher without evidence of another bid. Even if another bid emerges, I would not want to go higher than $150.

o

I suppose a side benefit of this (assuming that Davis and the Orioles are done with each other) is that this will give the Orioles some more flexibility in terms of locking up Machado in the future ....... or the Orioles signing a #1 or #2 starting pitcher right now.

This was my biggest fear. Ugh, I hope this isn't the case. We could do a lot with the money earmarked for Crush.

Archived