The Realist's View

weams

Os games are great. Who are they playing?

Braves Twins2 I enjoy the Twins my

Uncle Billy slick Gardner managed them

a couple of years he also played second

base for the O's.My wife a I got to see many

Games during the spring and summer.

Yankees,TB, Pitt and Philly.I will also

see the Red Sox's TB

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Braves Twins2 I enjoy the Twins my

Uncle Billy slick Gardner managed them

a couple of years he also played second

base for the O's.My wife a I got to see many

Games during the spring and summer.

Yankees,TB, Pitt and Philly.I will also

see the Red Sox's TB

Outstanding. Good times. Do you every come to Baltimore?

Our player development issues are very real. I think the only person on earth that can't see that is Melewski.

This is true. It is still unrealistic to say we should sacrifice a #14 pick for a marginal upgrade in RF because of this. How many W's better would Fowler be than a platoon of say Reimold and Joyce? The pick on average is worth about 20 M.

The O's need to add a decent starter, who knows how Kim will turn out and who plays the other corner outfield spot?

Bottom line if Tillman and MG don't improve from last season this team will be in serious trouble. Hopefully, KG being penciled in the rotation allows him to get in a rhythm and that third pitch is developed. Ubaldo, you get a good start, a so so start, then the start where he's getting tagged. Worley, I don't expect much from him at all.

Offense: strong

Defense: at least the infield and center field will be strong

Bullpen: should be a strength again

Manager: Buck is one of the best

I don't know how it plays out but don't see a playoff team right now, that's why they play the games. I'll still be rooting them on.

If you look for a partial bounce back from Tillman and Gonzo then you must expect decline from Gausman and Ubaldo, and for Worley or whomever, to be worse than Norris, for the SP to be worse than last year. If the latter three merely hold serve it should be better IMO..

Why would anyone be worse than Norris last year? His season was an outlier by any measure. Other than that one Matusz season, what Oriole starter has been as bad for as long in the rotation in the last 7 or 8 years?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Why would anyone be worse than Norris last year? His season was an outlier by any measure. Other than that one Matusz season, what Oriole starter has been as bad for as long in the rotation in the last 7 or 8 years?

Why ask me? I think Worley will be better than Norris.

What team have you been watching? In the last 8 years:

2008 - Radhamez Liz 6.72 ERA (17 starts)

2008 - Garrett Olson 6.67 ERA (26 starts)

2008 - Brian Burress 6.04 ERA (22 starts)

2009 - Jason Berken 6.54 ERA (24 starts)

2010 - Rich Hill 7.80 ERA (13 starts)

2011 - Brian Matusz 10.69 ERA (12 starts)

2012 - Jake Arrieta 6.20 ERA (16 starts)

Yeah, Norris' 7.04 (6.79 as a starter) is worse than most of those, but at least we yanked him after 11 starts.

What team have you been watching? In the last 8 years:

2008 - Radhamez Liz 6.72 ERA (17 starts)

2008 - Garrett Olson 6.67 ERA (26 starts)

2008 - Brian Burress 6.04 ERA (22 starts)

2009 - Jason Berken 6.54 ERA (24 starts)

2010 - Rich Hill 7.80 ERA (13 starts)

2011 - Brian Matusz 10.69 ERA (12 starts)

2012 - Jake Arrieta 6.20 ERA (16 starts)

Yeah, Norris' 7.04 (6.79 as a starter) is worse than most of those, but at least we yanked him after 11 starts.

Dear God, look at that 2008 rotation! Yikes!

Garrett Olson, Brian Burres And Radhames Liz all came close in 2008. Sorry that this was already answered.

Dear God' date=' look at that 2008 rotation! Yikes![/quote']

The teams' starters had an ERA of 5.51 that year. Besides Guthrie (3.63 ERA), every pitcher who started 5 games or more had an ERA over 5.00. Of course, the league average that year was 4.50, compared to 4.01 in 2015.

Archived