Wow, Kim is untouchable

cm1290

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uu

Snider was not a good bet. Nor was Lough. Young is a terrible OF. De Aza was dropped very early (like Gonzo) and went on to hit. Parmelee was a disaster save for a couple games. Every one of those moves blew up. At some point you say he had a terrible offseason instead of saying "Meh, he tried. They were all good moves on paper" No. They were crap moves the offseason after we won the AL East. He was too caught up with the Blue Jays and punted the offseason. That's all there is to it.

I disagree. The moves he made didn't work out, but they were similar to moves he made in other years that did work out. I don't think his dalliance with the Blue Jays had anything at all to do with it.

A scout from outside the organization said he has to tear up his old scouting report on Kim from spring training and change the grade assigned to the former Korean Baseball Organization star.

The scout noted improvements in Kim’s body language, approach at the plate and play in left field. Kim’s squaring up the ball now and appears much more comfortable and confident. He no longer looks “scared.”

Roch today.

Given his all around hustle and attitude, in addition to what I saw on that play, it looked more like he wasn't aware the ball wasn't caught by the catcher. In other words, it was confusion, not laziness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Given his all around hustle and attitude, in addition to what I saw on that play, it looked more like he wasn't aware the ball wasn't caught by the catcher. In other words, it was confusion, not laziness

There are three issue's which would give one pause. Was the swing called a strike? He was trying to check it. Did the catcher catch the ball? Was it a dead ball after it hit his foot? Are the rules the same in Korea for this situation. I'd give him some slack myself. Besides I thought the play at 1B was close enough they should have reviewed it.

He did. He didn't react right away though. More of a mental mistake than lack of hustle. What a horrible swing on that one as well.

Definitely a mental freeze. He did bust it down the line once he got started. The ball hitting his foot may be what threw him off. He has to reach there though.

There are three issue's which would give one pause. Was the swing called a strike? He was trying to check it. Did the catcher catch the ball? Was it a dead ball after it hit his foot? Are the rules the same in Korea for this situation. I'd give him some slack myself. Besides I thought the play at 1B was close enough they should have reviewed it.

It's at about 7:30 of the condensed game. Good call, if it hit his foot and the ump missed it that would explain everything. Looking at the replay, that appears to be what happened. In fact, credit him for hustling when most players would just want to argue with the ump.

http://m.mlb.com/video/v781001683/6516-condensed-game-nyybal/?game_pk=447717

I never said he was lazy. He cost the game with the confusion without Pena and Wieters.

Archived