Do you watch O's games with your spouse?

NashLumber

I've only been married a year, but one of the best things about our marriage is she's a strong O's fan. Her Dad's from up there. She grew up an Eddie Murray fan even though she grew up in New Orleans. She has a far better recall of what a batter did earlier in the game and such than I do.

But one of the best things is that somehow over time we have developed a game where we make "Your Mama" jokes based on what the announcers are saying. Some recent examples of these nonsensical knee slappers:

"Your mama took one at the knees."

"Your mama paints the corners."

"Your mama is down in the count."

Adding "in prison" often makes these even better.

And her piece de resistance :

"Your mama is getting loose in the bull pen."

Due to my busy music schedule, we often don't start these games on the DVR till after 10pm , etc. so by midnight or 1am, we're a little punchy and these seem more funny than they really are.

Maybe the best of all was last year when she kept saying "Frick!" Whenever something displeased her during the game. I finally had to say "Listen, I don't care if you cuss during the game. Say what you mean. Plus, Frick was the name of a commissioner and it just sounds weird."

So about an inning later, Jose Bautista did something that ticked her off and out of the blue, she yelled:

"PigF****r!"

I love this woman.

By the way, MDtransplant757, we are pulling the trigger tonight on the July Indians series. So I'll let you know where we'll be sitting. Will make the whole weekend, Fri-Sunday. Also coming up later for our youngest girl's birthday in September.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

By the way, MDtransplant757, we are pulling the trigger tonight on the July Indians series. So I'll let you know where we'll be sitting. Will make the whole weekend, Fri-Sunday. Also coming up later for our youngest girl's birthday in September.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can't wait. Is your youngest dayghter's bday around the diamondback series? Might go up for hangout night

Can't wait. Is your youngest dayghter's bday around the diamondback series? Might go up for hangout night

Yes, that'll be our 2nd O's trip this year. About recovered monetarily from our New Orleans train trip in March and ready to get these tix squared away in the next couple of days. We had the girls with us at last August's Hangout Night. Great time and heck of win (Davis' walkoff HR).

Here's the gang at her 7th birthday two years ago, her first O's game.

b9950ed28a0167571ae658dd1f4eafe8.jpg

Yes, that'll be our 2nd O's trip this year. About recovered monetarily from our New Orleans train trip in March and ready to get these tix squared away in the next couple of days. We had the girls with us at last August's Hangout Night. Great time and heck of win (Davis' walkoff HR).

Here's the gang at her 7th birthday two years ago, her first O's game.

b9950ed28a0167571ae658dd1f4eafe8.jpg

That was my birthday! I wanted to go, but couldn't muster the funds for it

My wife is from Philly, raised a Phillies fan... and she has been so awesome about the O's for the last 16 years. We watch the O's just about every night. She knows all of the players...listens to me dissect games...and always asks if they won. A true champ about it... even owns and wears some O's gear. she deserves an award for being happy when the games are on.

Luckily, both of my daughters are O's fans too...every morning they want to know: Did we win last night??

Love it! Love her!!! Love them!!

My wife is from Philly, raised a Phillies fan... and she has been so awesome about the O's for the last 16 years. We watch the O's just about every night. She knows all of the players...listens to me dissect games...and always asks if they won. A true champ about it... even owns and wears some O's gear. she deserves an award for being happy when the games are on.

Luckily, both of my daughters are O's fans too...every morning they want to know: Did we win last night??

Love it! Love her!!! Love them!!

You may have almost converted her. And philly fans don't give up on their teams. Congrats, dude. And in reference to my last post, that game was on my bday, and my buddy who went gave me the JJ Hardy promo that they were handing out That night.

I've been married 28 years, and it's only been the last few where my wife has finally gotten into watching baseball. She used to tolerate me watching baseball in our bedroom, but now she actually enjoys it. I was on a business trip yesterday and got home at 9:30, to find her watching the O's-Yankees game without me. I still have to explain things to her sometimes that I would have thought she would have picked up by now, but she's gotten pretty savvy about it.

I've been married 28 years, and it's only been the last few where my wife has finally gotten into watching baseball. She used to tolerate me watching baseball in our bedroom, but now she actually enjoys it. I was on a business trip yesterday and got home at 9:30, to find her watching the O's-Yankees game without me. I still have to explain things to her sometimes that I would have thought she would have picked up by now, but she's gotten pretty savvy about it.

Nice. It's a great bonding opportunity.

When I met my wife she was a fair-weathered Red Sox fan. She just liked them because they were popular.

Now she knows the O's 25-man roster through and through. Better than DD. She is even starting to understand why you you intentionally walk a man and hit and run counts.

My wife will wear my Orioles gear around the house, but she just tolerates me watching the game. Also, it's confusing when you see your wife in nothing but an oversized Felix Pie shirt and you get turned on.

The guy hit for the cycle for heaven's sake, that makes it OK, right? Fellas?

My wife, unfortunately, won't sit down and watch a whole game with me. She will watch in bits and pieces, but not whole games.

She does think it's funny when I say something and then Palmer or Thorne will say the exact same thing seconds later! :)

Archived